MENG Leopard 1A5 in 1/35

Hi friends

So, as i told you yesterday, i am willing to posting here some of my works, and i was thinking hmmmmmmm with which one shall i start? So i thought i am a german guy it could be a good idea to start with a german tank, my vote goes to my first build of any Meng kit and i was so impressionate from the first sight and after i stick some parts together i was really confirmed of the top quality of this model kit.

here we go

comp_dscf07825djf4.jpg

comp_dscf0773pgj5d.jpg

comp_dscf0774zxkwn.jpg

comp_dscf07758jkdf.jpg

comp_dscf07771zkeu.jpg

comp_dscf0778ajjb1.jpg

comp_dscf0779t0jjw.jpg

comp_dscf0781gqj0t.jpg

comp_dscf0784y2kw4.jpg

comp_dscf07857qk40.jpg

• Like 53

Very interesting the weathering of the tritone camo, this tank is not my favorite (least of all the Leo2), long ago I made the Leo 1A4 of Tamiya, in this scheme, but yours far surpasses it and it is also the 1A5, with its conversion to 120mm, if I'm not mistaken, with what changes the vehicle's aspect (the better, less squares and right angles). :goodjob:

Cheers mate 👍

• Like 1

Hi Francis

Thank you for your kind words, but i am sorry to tell you the Leopard 1 got never ever the 120mm gun, even the 1A5 not, maybe it was in planning for the A6, but it was never released, coz so soon came the Leo 2.

11 hours ago, Yetifan said:

Wirklich wie die modernen Leoparden, tolle Arbeit mit dem 3-Farben-Nato-Schema. Wieder tolle Witterung Ich habe gerade den Tamiya Flakpanzer Gepard in den gleichen Farben fertiggestellt.

Thank you mate

im just in processing for the TAKOM Gepard, a really great kit, and some modelers are saying that he is better than the one from MENG

• 1 month later...

Hi mates

Thank you so much for your kind comments, much appreciated

SoftScience@ yes i would like to explain to you. At first, i used Tamiya colors, but surely you know they dry really rough, to avoid to get rough surface  you have to mix it with Tamiya satin varnish cote, then you get a smooth surface, second, i lighten the colours, the XF-67 NATO Green with XF-71, the XF-68 NATO Brown with XF-57 Buff and the XF-69 NATO Black with white and Buff too.

I then make really carefully a pin wash with oil colours burnt umbra and  shadow brown from 502 Abteilung. Last but not least i used pigments, but only at edges and corners with a little brush, not complete the surface, because thats looks not real, by the way i dont like so muddy AFV's.

Here and there i make some rain streaks.

I hope i could help you a bit

Edited by Harry Callahan
  • Thanks 1

On 4/3/2019 at 1:21 PM, Harry Callahan said:

, by the way i dont like so muddy AFV's.

Here and there i make some rain streaks.

I hope i could help you a bit

Thank you. And I also don't like AFVs that are too weathered. Your examples have a nice balance.

• Like 2

Really great job, lots of lovely details from the tools to the subtle light weathering.  I especially like the dust on the side skirts, did you mask the mesh dot pattern or is it molded into the skirts?  If that makes sense!

• Like 1

Hi Tristan

the mesh dot pattern is molded into the skirts already, so you can compare what means a modern kit like MENG or the very old thing from ITALERI, ok 40 years of developement one can see.

• Like 1