Ale

Welcome aboard Ale.

Any ideas for scale and subject yet? 

Colin 

18 hours ago, Colin W said:

Welcome aboard Ale.

Any ideas for scale and subject yet? 

Colin 

For sure a RAF Gr.1, don't know if i will use the Revell's kit in 72nd scale or i will do a "frakenstein Tonka" in 48th scale...

• Like 1

Ale well noted. The Revell kits look great always welcome. 

OutcastJoel, group builds are excellent stash reduction opportunities so welcome into the group. A while to go yet but let me know what you plan to build and I'll add you to the list. 

Colin 

• Like 2

Would love to join just to break the monotony of the 'surgery' campaign I'm currently engaged in with other builds. Unfortunately I've developed a case of 'choice-lock' caused by the possibility of building either the colourful Italian IDS bird or a better F.2 Prototype. I never thought I'd say this but some days I wish for the days when there were far fewer kits around and even fewer that I could afford. :wall:

• Like 1

I turned my back for 5 mins and....

Andwil I think you have the first 1/72 F2 so welcome aboard. 

Nocoolname I'll put you down for the F2 prototype but you can change your mind later. I was given a set of F2 decals in 1/72 by the Tornado SIG at Telford last time I was there. Good scheme to go with my MRCA.

Colin 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi 128Fiddler

Sorry for the late reply, too busy with this year's group builds to check back here. 

Dahran Annie sounds good, any ideas for kit or scale? The Eduard rebox of the Revell kit has just come out in 1/48 with a good mix of Gulf war decals if you're shopping. 

Colin 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So I built a new display case yesterday to accommodate the ever expanding collection and during the transfer of models for light dusting and relocation, disaster struck and now my 1/48 Airfix Tonka GR1 resides in the bin, actually it was looking very sorry for itself, splaying undercarriage, drooping pitot and a couple of other patched up repairs. anyway enough is enough I built it ages ago so I thought it was time to do another, don't have one but plenty of time to source something suitable, please add me to the list.

Cheers,

Mark.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Whats the 1/72 Italeri GR.1 like Vs. the 1/72 Revell kit ? I can get the Italeri desert storm boxing fairly cheap. 
https://store.spruebrothers.com/product_p/ita1384.htm

The Revell kit is a few dollars more ? 

https://store.spruebrothers.com/product_p/rvg04619.htm

Dennis

I'm 'accidentally' now working on multiple Tonka builds (just zapped the seat parts for one with my Evolution) all using Revell 1/48 kits as the base - IDS (Italy 311 GV RSV 60th Anniversary), F-2 Prototype (UK a more refined version of my previous build using the Italeri kit) and F-2 ADV (UK, the original 229 OCU with the yellow and red 'dart' at the front). I've even designed some Foxhunter kits in 3D for my later F.3's and need to see how they print but the F-2's will be easy since I just need a 1/48 scale bag of Blue Circle. They're taking longer than planned due to the fact that a) I am REALLY slow at modelling and b) they involve an awful lot of 'experimental features'. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Great to see some escapees from the Nordic GB planning to join us here, @MarkSH and @Christer A welcome aboard.

@Marcin Kaminski and @Paulaero you are very welcome and glad to have you aboard.

@Nocoolname hoping you still plan to join us with the F2. I quite fancied the F2 prototype after someone on the Tornado SiG gave me a set of 1/72 decals at Telford a few years ago.

I'll update the order of battle as we are now up to 44.

Colin

• Like 2

if it hadn't finished I would have said deserters! :fight:

I'm looking forward to this one, as mentioned I'm planning to go large with a 1/32nd ECR in Tiger Meet colours. My only issue is this GB falls right in the middle of the Vietnam one (I'm host) and will be building a 1/32nd A-1E Skyraider (Fisher conversion) so time will be an issue. I may get a 1/48th one as a backup plan!!

But don't worry...I'll be here to cause trouble! :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2