1/35 Tamiya Panther G.

Going to call this one finished. My 1/35 Panther G. Tried a late war hard edge cam and some heavy weathering. Still got some work to do on the water effects. The figure is from Alpine. Any hints, tips or observations are more than welcome. Thanks for looking. 

46947103162_52a53fa239_b.jpg

46998940191_333538bf77_b.jpg

32057519907_2d3c76968d_b.jpg

32057519567_5c2e62748e_b.jpg

• Like 17

Hi Rangerboy,

Welcome to BM and the best bit of it. (2nd time I've said that tonight)

First impression.... great subject, done well, with a lovely base.

Second impression, after reading 'heavy weathering' is      'er..... call that heavy?'😄 

Seriously though, I think the weathering is a bit on the light side, given the wet and muddy terrain the Panther is crossing. Having said that, I can't really see the tracks and wheels, so maybe they are very muddy and I have gotten a false impression from the aerial photos.

A few more photos would be nice anyway - especially one right up the Jacksie.

Rearguards,

Badder

• Thanks 1

Hi thanks for the kind comments. I will try get some better photos done. The photos were taken at night just on my work bench. Will try get some better light and photos taken today. Regards to the weathering I will hopefully be able to show you some better photos of the running gear and see what your take is on it. I think I could add some more areas of mud around the engine decks where the crew would drag mud up as they mount and dismount the vehicle. Just trying to get a balance as I don’t want to go OTT on the upper areas but the same time want it to have a sense of realism. Lol.

I'm liking that a lot, looks like its just rolled off the roads into the fields, I like the amount of weathering, not over done.

Maybe needs sinking into the soft earth a tad.

Cheers for posting.

Dave.

• Thanks 1