Differences between Hawker Fury and Nimrod I

cherisy

Ive just happened accross an old Matchbox Hawker Fury. Now I was wondering I would be able to convert it to a Nimrod I. I am aware of some of the differences ( the oil cooler inder the nose, arrester hook and catapult spools) but are there many others and would it be worth the effort?, I really dont want to fork out the price that Czech master are asking.

Thanks in advance

Lee

There have been other threads on this here if you search. One detail difference pointed out by I think John Aero is a slightly increased chord, though you might not want to bother with that.  There was a conversion article in SAM May 1981 which I once had, but now have lost, so if anyone has that, a copy would be good.

Paul

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

FWIW, Tom Cleaver published a ‘how to’ build a Nimrod using two Airfix 1/48 Fury kits over in Modeling Madness  The work is mainly extending the wingspan, using wings from the two kits. 

Try a search for “Hawker Nimrod (Conversion) - Modeling Madness”    NOTE only one ‘l’!

Hope this helps,

Jonny

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jonny said:

FWIW, Tom Cleaver published a ‘how to’ build a Nimrod using two Airfix 1/48 Fury kits over in Modeling Madness  The work is mainly extending the wingspan, using wings from the two kits. 

Try a search for “Hawker Nimrod (Conversion) - Modeling Madness”    NOTE only one ‘l’!

Hope this helps,

Jonny

About 30 years ago I did a Nimrod 1 by taking two Matchbox Furys and using them to give me the added sections to the wingspan. I also scratch built the arrestor hook. etc.