Eduard`s new Tempest Mk.V 1:48 No 486Sqn

Hi all,

here some pictures of my new Eduard Tempest Mk.V. Add Brassin wheels and exhaust and the "update" PE set.  Again Eduard did a great job with this kit!

comp_Tempest_53.jpg

comp_Tempest_51.jpg

comp_Tempest_49.jpg

comp_Tempest_43.jpg

comp_Tempest_3.jpg

comp_Tempest_4.jpg

comp_Tempest_8.jpg

comp_Tempest_16.jpg

comp_Tempest_17.jpg

comp_Tempest_6.jpg

comp_Tempest_38.jpg

comp_Tempest_39.jpg

comp_Tempest_14.jpg

comp_Tempest_33.jpg

comp_Tempest_42.jpg

comp_Tempest_20.jpg

comp_Tempest_21.jpg

comp_Tempest_9.jpg

comp_Tempest_37.jpg

comp_Tempest_30.jpg

comp_Tempest_50.jpg

comp_Tempest_52.jpg

• Like 63
  • Thanks 3

Gorgeous! Lovely build. Have you faded the wing roundels somehow?

Interesting, I never noticed before that the stirrup and hand-holds are on the starboard side - unusual

Thanks for posting

ATB
Rick

You have done a simply stunning job,....... the paintwork is amazing,..as is the weathering.

The spinner looks strange to me,.... especially the openings for the propeller blades which seems odd?

Cheers

Tony

14 hours ago, tonyot said:

You have done a simply stunning job,....... the paintwork is amazing,..as is the weathering.

The spinner looks strange to me,.... especially the openings for the propeller blades which seems odd?

Cheers

Tony

Hi Tony

Mathy's fantastically finished beauty of a Tempest does highlight one of the series 1 kit's failings - namely the daft huge misshapen holes in the prop spinner for the blades, which fail to capture the narrow slanted orifices of the real thing. It has been addressed I'm told in the series 2 boxing, but that still leaves buyers /owner of the original kit a bit stuck unless they shell out for a resin AM  spinner.

You can also see the kits other problem in one of the pics here - namely the lack of the annular "vaned cake tin" fairing around the carb intake in the middle of the chin radiator.  If you look at a Tiffie radiator you can see what I mean. The series 2 kit has the cuckoo clock filter for this area, but again if you have Series 1 boxing you are a bit stuck, as they were all so fitted I believe.

I am interested to contemplate what would have happened if Eduard had got the spinner openings wrong on a 109, or the radiators fairings wrong. But it seems the Tempest lacks a vociferous fan-club ( i.e. Messerschmitt obsessed Americans :)  - LOL )

Notwthstanding - Mathy - that is a fab build and finish, and my apologies for having to mention the above in this thread.

Jonners

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jon Kunac-Tabinor said:

Hi Tony

Mathy's fantastically finished beauty of a Tempest does highlight one of the series 1 kit's failings - namely the daft huge misshapen holes in the prop spinner for the blades, which fail to capture the narrow slanted orifices of the real thing. It has been addressed I'm told in the series 2 boxing, but that still leaves buyers /owner of the original kit a bit stuck unless they shell out for a resin AM  spinner.

You can also see the kits other problem in one of the pics here - namely the lack of the annular "vaned cake tin" fairing around the carb intake in the middle of the chin radiator.  If you look at a Tiffie radiator you can see what I mean. The series 2 kit has the cuckoo clock filter for this area, but again if you have Series 1 boxing you are a bit stuck, as they were all so fitted I believe.

I am interested to contemplate what would have happened if Eduard had got the spinner openings wrong on a 109, or the radiators fairings wrong. But it seems the Tempest lacks a vociferous fan-club ( i.e. Messerschmitt obsessed Americans :)  - LOL )

Notwthstanding - Mathy - that is a fab build and finish, and my apologies for having to mention the above in this thread.

Jonners

thx for the informations Jonners - that helps!

I am not the Tempest expert, I like the shape of this aircraft very well and so I built it OOB. But nevertheless I think Eduard did a good job with this nice detailed kit.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Spad said:

Gorgeous! Lovely build. Have you faded the wing roundels somehow?

Interesting, I never noticed before that the stirrup and hand-holds are on the starboard side - unusual

Thanks for posting

ATB
Rick

Rick,

the roundels are out of the Box, very fine and thin.