50 minutes ago, Silverkite said:

making more explosive box arts

Not necessarily straight "Crash! Boom! Bang!"

on the box.

As examples, this good box art without explosive:

02858-742x742.jpg

or this with little fire:

mig21f13.jpg

Look how play light & shadow on MiG-21F-13 box art from Revell & Trumpeter box art! 

But this not good box art:

10200.jpg

Yes, box art 1/32  have dynamic, there is a plot, but the overall performance is weak. But even a box art 1/32 is better than Modelsvit box-art, as for my taste....

Maybe this for economy? Then need maked box art in primitivism & late social realism style:

(B.w. it's MiG-21F 1/72 box art too!)

mig21_p_1.png

But, this way....what next style? 

MiG-21 in Cubism style,  MiG-21 abstract art?

Malevich's black square MiG-21?

😁😁😁

My short resume - this box-art 

not beautiful.

B.R.

Serge

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Aardvark said:

Not necessarily straight "Crash! Boom! Bang!"

on the box.

As examples, this good box art without explosive:

02858-742x742.jpg

or this with little fire:

mig21f13.jpg

Look how play light & shadow on MiG-21F-13 box art from Revell & Trumpeter box art! 

But this not good box art:

10200.jpg

Yes, box art 1/32  have dynamic, there is a plot, but the overall performance is weak. But even a box art 1/32 is better than Modelsvit box-art, as for my taste....

Maybe this for economy? Then need maked box art in primitivism & late social realism style:

(B.w. it's MiG-21F 1/72 box art too!)

mig21_p_1.png

But, this way....what next style? 

MiG-21 in Cubism style,  MiG-21 abstract art?

Malevich's black square MiG-21?

😁😁😁

My short resume - this box-art 

not beautiful.

B.R.

Serge

If I know what is inside the box I don't judge things from the cover even though covers depicting  special color aircraft do really put me off :P

Luigi

Source: https://www.facebook.com/modelsvit/photos/a.1859368940998815/2310899075845797/?type=3&theater

Concern - ref. 72042 - MiG-21F-13 "Fishbed-C"

Decals for five camouflage schemes : USSR / Czechoslovakia / Syria / Finland / Vietnam

Finally accomplished our work on MiG-21F-13 (1/72).
The kit shall be released in the end of April and shall make debut on MOSON show.
Set includes 142 parts, PE sheet and masks, decals for 5 camo schemes (USSR / Czechoslovakia / Syria / Finland/ Vietnam). Armament - 2 x K-13 "air-to-air' short range missiles and pair of FAB-250 bombs.
Hope you like it!

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Silverkite said:

If I know what is inside the box I don't judge things from the cover even though covers depicting  special color aircraft do really put me off :P

Agree. Yes, I presumably know, what in the box MiG-21F-13 from Modelsvit, and My need this models, and I no longer need My MiG-21 Revell.

But the buyer is in complete ignorance, the model in which box will buy, in this one:

53824254_2310899082512463_91623415523059

or in this one:

mig21f13.jpg

?

😉

Not to mention the fact that Revell as a trademark is known to many, but the Modelsvit ...

12 hours ago, Modelraynz said:

Shigeo Koike

Yes, Hasegawa 1989 catalogue with two pages about Shigeo Koike work & his art technology was cultural shock for many Soviet modeller's in those period. We had and have good aviation artists, but their school is more of a European type.

1 hour ago, Homebee said:

Finland

From the point of view of bureaucracy, the MiG-21F-13 for the Finland was called in the Soviet designer's documents - MiG-21F-12.

B.R.

Serge

9 hours ago, Homebee said:

Sourcehttps://www.facebook.com/modelsvit/photos/a.1859368940998815/2310899075845797/?type=3&theater

Concern - ref. 72042 - MiG-21F-13 "Fishbed-C"

Decals for five camouflage schemes : USSR / Czechoslovakia / Syria / Finland / Vietnam

On Facebook in discussing,  Modelsvit wrote that in the next year plans to re-box with Iraq version MiG-21F-13.

B.R.

Serge

Edited by Aardvark

26 minutes ago, Troy Smith said:

this is the famous and documented Iraq scheme

Troy, do not worry, the author of the question tried to be a "world expert" and troll me a little bit....but it turned out as always 😁..... besides, he was probably banned on Facebook Modelsvit, if he could not ask them this question directly:

Screenshot-20190317-005029.jpg

or maybe is there a Top secret Facebook 😁

On 3/15/2019 at 12:49 PM, Homebee said:

discussion on this link in which only a select user of Britmodeller is available?🤔😁

B.R.

Serge

43 minutes ago, Aardvark said:

Troy, do not worry, the author of the question tried to be a "world expert" and troll me a little bit....but it turned out as always 😁..... besides, he was probably banned on Facebook Modelsvit, if he could not ask them this question directly.

I have no desire to discuss with man, who betrayed their motherland and support terrorists.

Let it be the Iraqi version. I don't want to spoil the surprise.

PS. By the way, 90-95% decals in Modelsvit kits during last five years - it's my work. And I know what I am talking about.

Edited by foxbot
  • Like 1

What a ridiculous

and pathetic 

hysterics😁😁 .... in which mixed, in a bunch..... some mythical terrorists....some

mythical sales.....Modelsvit .... but with absolutely nothing about the MiG-21F-13 ! 😁

And interesting moment.....he has no desire to discuss, but he actively quotes, asks questions .... so funny!

😁😁😁

B.R.

Serge

• Like 1

On 3/15/2019 at 1:26 PM, Aardvark said:

<clip>

From the point of view of bureaucracy, the MiG-21F-13 for the Finland was called in the Soviet designer's documents - MiG-21F-12.

B.R.

Serge

Hello Serge,

Is there any hard evidence for this claim? It surfaces every now and then but the planes were bought to Finland as MiG-21F-13s, their support material was for F-13 as well as archived period documentation.

Cheers,

AaCee

1 hour ago, AaCee26 said:

Hello Serge,

Is there any hard evidence for this claim?

I don't know as far as it is

https://military.wikireading.ru/26467

hard evidence, but I translate this Russian text  with Google translate for You:

"MiG-21F-12

The MiG-21F-12 was a special export version of the MiG-21F-13 fighter designed for Finland. Finland became the first non-member organization of the Warsaw Treaty Organization to receive MiG-21st. The first ten MiG-21F-12 landed at the Finnish Kuopio airbase on April 6, 1963. The 31st Finnish Air Force Fighter Squadron was based in Kuopio. The first batch of ten aircraft was followed by the second of 12 fighters. In service with the Finnish Air Force MiG-21F-12 remained until January 17, 1986, when they were replaced by late modifications MiGs. During operation in the Finnish Air Force, four MiG-21F-12 crashed."

This is not the only source where I read about it, I will try to find more publications about it.

But if you need armored arguments in the form of design documentation or foreign economic international contracts between the USSR and Finland where the name MiG-21F-12 would be, then you are right, I haven’t met that yet.

B.R.

Serge

So a Finnish Mig-21 and over at their Su-17 side of things it seems we're getting a Polish-suitable one as well. It seems that when Modelsvit (finally) went for the variants I've been looking for they went all in.

5 hours ago, Aardvark said:

The MiG-21F-12 was a special export version of the MiG-21F-13 fighter designed for Finland.

Interesting Wasn't the -13 added to the basic MiG-21F designation to denote compatibility with the K-13 missile? 

In that light, the -12 does not seem to make much sense. 

Cheers,

Andre

51 minutes ago, Hook said:

Interesting Wasn't the -13 added to the basic MiG-21F designation to denote compatibility with the K-13 missile? 

In that light, the -12 does not seem to make much sense. 

Cheers,

Andre

Hello Andre and Serge,

This missile is also explanation of the most experienced Finnish MiG-21 test pilot to call it as an F-13. Also he says all documentation calls it as such and guys with archive experience says that they were handed over as F-13s. I think that original seller and buyer knew what they were selling and bying :)

F-12 might have or not have been in some paperwork but at least it has in my eyes none official status. In any case there were at least three different equipment levels in F-13s: Best for the VVS, little less to the War-pac countries and the least capable to the other customers.

Cheers,

AaCee

On 2/8/2019 at 9:22 AM, Aardvark said:

O.K. No problem.

Original was:

"An article from the Soviet Big Encyclopedia  in the 2125th year. Leonid Brezhnev, this is a small political figure, the era of singer Alla Pugacheva."

According to rumors, Brezhnev liked to listen to jokes about himself.

However, as for me, for this topic, in this old Soviet joke instead of "Alla Pugacheva", the "MiG-21" is more appropriate!

😁

B.R.

Serge

OFF
- Comrade  Brezhnev, are you realy collect political jokes about yourself?

- Yes I do.

- And how many have you yet?

- Four gulags so far.

• Haha 4

On 3/14/2019 at 11:14 AM, Aardvark said:

After this box-art:ModelSvit-72021.jpg????

Do they have money for graphic artists or do children in kindergarten draw

them this box-art for MiG-21F-13?

Inexpressive, non-attacking angle, weak surface study ......flat and tasteless .... background without any action and dynamics ..... for the Vietnamese version (?!)

Sun flare all over the fuselage, but at the same time the wings, the fin and the stabilizer are dark, without the sun flare, how can this be?

B.R.

Serge

I could care less about their box art. Modelsvit are producing some of the highest quality kits in the world today. I purchased two of their 1/72 Mirage 4000 kits and they are state of the art. I have no connection to this company - I just want them to do well and keep producing their fantastic models.

Edited by Hobo
  • Like 2

On 3/20/2019 at 2:35 PM, Borisz said:

OFF
- Comrade  Brezhnev, are you realy collect political jokes about yourself?

- Yes I do.

- And how many have you yet?

- Four gulags so far.

One of my favorites I've heard told by a Rumanian about Nicolae Ceaușescu, but you can substitute just about any megalomanic dictator. 

Nicolae Ceaușescu has a habit of donning a disguise once a year, in order to mingle with the common Rumanians to hear them out. 

Thorougly unrecognizable, he jovially addresses a fellow worker in a drinking local. "So comrade, how about that Ceaușescu, eh? What do you think of him?"

The Rumanian immediately goes into stealth mode, hushes Ceaușescu, begins to shift uncomfortably, looks very suspiciously over both this shoulders and whispers "No, comrade! Not there, there's too many people around!"

So, they go to a somewhat quieter spot. 

The Rumanian again looks around and whispers to Ceaușescu: "Not here either, comrade - there´s still too much of a crowd, you never know who´s listening!"

And so it goes on an on for quite a while, they exit the pub, the street is still too crowded for the Rumanian's tastes, so is the next spot, until they end up in the middle of a dark forest in the middle of the pitch black night, with not a soul in sight. 

Just to be on the safe side, the Rumanian looks all around him, and finally feeling secure, whispers in Ceaușescu's ear: 

"I find him very, very sympathetic."

*rim shot*

And back on topic - I would buy the Modelsvit kit even if it had a picture of a bunny with a pancake on its head on the box top.

Cheers,

Andre 

Edited by Hook
spelling
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Hook said:

And back on topic - I would buy the Modelsvit kit even if it had a picture of a bunny with a pancake on its head on the box top.

Andre 

I am constantly argue with Modelsvit that their box-art are not beautiful. Now I do not know what to say to them. :sad:

Personally, Modelsvit (and Amodel) are my favourite manufacturers by a country mile. They continue to release superb kits of exotic aircraft, subjects I never dreamt we'd see released as 'mainstream', albeit Limited Run kits...all power to them. The box art doesn't really bother me as much as the contents, but I agree you should have something that really grabs you and makes you want to buy the thing there and then.

Hopefully, they'll release the early Su-15 and Tu-14 soon as I'm really looking forward to both of these...then how about a Tu-98 Backfin?

Very much looking forward to this F-13 release as with all the others. 

• Like 3