https://www.facebook.com/modelsvit/?ref=py_c

For those of us not on this spy page here is what they announced:

Our next releases in 1/72 scale shall be:

Su-17UM3

Su-22UM3K

MiG-21F13

M-55 Geophysica

Be-12P-200

So at last the MiG-21F-13 in 72nd scale with state of the art technology even if it will be a limited edition, it is a very welcome new kit!!!!!!!!!  :yahoo:  :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: 

Best regards

Gabor

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Well, this is most welcome news. With PF and PFM coming from Eduard, the early variants are going to be rather nicely covered, I believe.

The Revell kit is not bad IMO. It has a few problems such as ill fitting canopy and nose ring, crude details in many places and horrible wheels. Many minor accuracy issues, sink marks. But a lot of nice models have been built from that kit and it is quite straightforward and enjoyable to build, has nice surface details and you can get aftermarket items to fix many of the issues. I like it. But I am sure I will like Modelsvit kit more. Their MiG-21F is just gorgeous.

2 hours ago, ya-gabor said:

So at last the MiG-21F-13 in 72nd scale with state of the art technology even if it will be a limited edition, it is a very welcome new kit!!!!!!!!!  :yahoo:  :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: 

Best regards

Gabor

Yes!!!!!!  Happy days

6 hours ago, ya-gabor said:

I sincerely hope Modelsvit  does not do the same style riveting on the F-13 that they apparently are doing on their  forthcoming Mirage.

Gene K

Edited by Gene K

On 2/5/2019 at 11:08 PM, Gene K said:

I sincerely hope Modelsvit  does not do the same style riveting on the F-13 that they apparently are doing on their  forthcoming Mirage.

Gene K

They explained about the rivets... 

On 2/6/2019 at 12:08 AM, Gene K said:

Gene K

Me too. Whoever says it is easy to fill them up if you don't like them probably never tried doing that. Rivets are very hard to hide without damaging surrounding details and it is much easier to do vice versa, ie. to add them with riveting tool should you wish to have them. Therefore I strongly urge kit producers to quit with this silly trend.

• Like 2

I think Modelsvit is O.K. Of course you have to hold the parts in your hands to see the subtil way the riveting is done. As mentioned above for the ones who don't like them suffice to do as in reality "Prime".

The silly way would be to have to go riveting a whole aircraft ! For the ones who dislike rivets, when appropriate or not ,priming and sanding takes only minutes !

What would you prefer ?, priming a riveted Mustang wing and keep the fuselage riveted,..., or go for a manual riveting of the whole fuselage with all the risks ?

I know my choice !

Madcop😉

6 hours ago, hacker said:

correct me if l am wrong but did not Matchbox did that Mig 21?

hacker

Matchbox did do MiG-21's. But when was that??? Ages ago, based on few sketchy drawings and some b/w photos with questionable dimensions and details. 

Correct me if I am wrong but it is year 2019 now. A lot has changed since Matchbox, Airfix, Heller or even Revell did a MiG-21 in 72nd scale!

Rivets or no rivets, it is far from compulsory to get this kit or any other which has rivets on it. 

The MiG-21F kit (72021) from Modelsvit did not have rivets. I would expect this new MiG-21F-13 kit to be based mostly on that 21F design.

At the same time have to mention that most of their service life the MiG-21F-13 were in natural metal with just a clear varnish protection showing all rivets clearly just as those early Mirage III fighters. 

Best regards

Gabor 

On 2/5/2019 at 8:35 PM, ya-gabor said:

So after all they are there on Facebook, only a survey is conducted, on the topic "What is the first to release from this list?" !

Judging by the response options on Facebook - Lavi, An-225, Mirage F 8, F-111B e.t.c. I somehow set up without optimism about the MiG-21F-13.😁😁😁

4 hours ago, ya-gabor said:

Correct me if I am wrong but it is year 2019 now. A lot has changed since Matchbox, Airfix, Heller or even Revell did a MiG-21 in 72nd scale!

Shhhhh ... do not bother people to live in the era of the Matchbox!

😉😁😁

Because, paraphrasing an old Soviet anecdote about Brezhnev: "An article from the Britannica in the 2125th year. Margaret Thatcher, this is a small political figure, the era of the Matchbox."

😁😁😁

If, seriously.

They did something very long for the MiG-21F-13, if it is based on their MiG-21F. But if this is a new, original model, then such terms have a reasonable explanation.

B.R.

Serge

Edited by Aardvark

2 hours ago, Aardvark said:

Because, paraphrasing an old Soviet anecdote about Brezhnev: "An article from the Britannica in the 2125th year. Margaret Thatcher, this is a small political figure, the era of the Matchbox."

😁😁😁

As a collector of Brezhnev jokes, I'm very curious about the original version.

6 hours ago, Procopius said:

As a collector of Brezhnev jokes, I'm very curious about the original version.

O.K. No problem.

Original was:

"An article from the Soviet Big Encyclopedia  in the 2125th year. Leonid Brezhnev, this is a small political figure, the era of singer Alla Pugacheva."

According to rumors, Brezhnev liked to listen to jokes about himself.

However, as for me, for this topic, in this old Soviet joke instead of "Alla Pugacheva", the "MiG-21" is more appropriate!

😁

B.R.

Serge

* -https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alla_Pugacheva

P.S.

Special for @Procopius

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, oggy4u said:

A MiG-21PF I believe .

It was relatively rare version: MiG-21FL.

Wikipedia:

MiG-21FL (1965; Izdeliye 77)

F = Forsazh ("Reheat")

L = Lokator ("Radar")

Export (Third world) model of the MiG-21PF. Downgraded from baseline MiG-21PF with older and less powerful R11F-300 engine, no provision for carrying RS-2US beam-riding missiles and a simplified, downgraded version of the RP-21 radar, designated R1L. Wide-chord fin and brake chute fairing at its base. Built under license in India as the Type 77.

10 hours ago, Bigos said:

It was relatively rare version: MiG-21FL.

Wikipedia:

MiG-21FL (1965; Izdeliye 77)

F = Forsazh ("Reheat")

L = Lokator ("Radar")

Export (Third world) model of the MiG-21PF. Downgraded from baseline MiG-21PF with older and less powerful R11F-300 engine, no provision for carrying RS-2US beam-riding missiles and a simplified, downgraded version of the RP-21 radar, designated R1L. Wide-chord fin and brake chute fairing at its base. Built under license in India as the Type 77.

Hi,

Original Matchbox MiG-21 was sold with Soviet decals as one variant. The second one I don't remember. I'd call it as an indented PF as such. Wide fine and one piece forward opening canopy. Later the mould was changed to remember more MF with two-piece canopy, widened and lengthened spine and shortened air intake and end of the rear fuselage to get measurements better. This was during the black box era. It had decals for an Egyptian MF and a Finnish BIS , latter with Greek roundels,,,

As the Revell kit is mentioned I have never find it as my first choice for an F-13. Poor-fitting nose-cone/front fuselage part and speed brakes, thick wing, canopy profile lacking typical beautiful curve of the original, weak wheels, sink marks, heavy panel and river detailing... So I'm eagerly waiting for Modelsvit's one. With or without rivets does not matter...

Cheers,

AaCee

The main thing I remember about the Matchbox MiG-21 was it's spindly undercarriage legs - they couldn't even support the weight of the model for any length of time. Definitely not one of Matchbox's best efforts!

Mike.

Hello Modelsvit:

Count me in as someone who thanks you for adding rivets to your models. Your Mirage 4000 is one of the best 1/72 kits I've ever purchased. The molding and surface detail - including rivets - is exquisite and state of the art. Including a photo etch set and masks was a nice touch. I wish you continued success and look forward to your future releases. Please don't change your approach.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

1 hour ago, Homebee said:

After this box-art:ModelSvit-72021.jpg????

Do they have money for graphic artists or do children in kindergarten draw

them this box-art for MiG-21F-13?

Inexpressive, non-attacking angle, weak surface study ......flat and tasteless .... background without any action and dynamics ..... for the Vietnamese version (?!)

Sun flare all over the fuselage, but at the same time the wings, the fin and the stabilizer are dark, without the sun flare, how can this be?

B.R.

Serge