Italeri C-47.RAF BBMF.

stevej60

Hi Steve,

I did find the photo of this Dak long ago. You should have asked!

Now, would anybody know what color s the nose, which is definitely not in OD...

Great show !!!

JR

• Like 1

Hi folk's this project has frustrated the life out of me over the last couple of session's,it looked OK in the previous picture but up close I wasn't happy

and the black striping was horrible despite all the precaution's the black was ragged and bled all over and the fuselage nearly had it thrown at the wall!

anyway a full re-spray later and wheel's added I'm at decision time do I try another repaint,go with the decal's which I know via the Italian one that the

white is awful with poor colour density or paint the white and cut out the black decal stripe's I'll make a decision soon.

20190314_114331

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Good afternoon Steve

She looks very nice to me ..

I used Tamiya masking tape for my build , next time I am going to paint the black bands on the fuselage ..

Patrice

• Like 2

Hi folk's,well colour me suprised! The decal's were fine(wellOK there was a bit of swearing etc) and wrapped round the wing pretty well.

I'm not through the wood's yet I think the Fuselage is going to be a real challenge especially those door hinges.

20190315_105659

• Like 4

Now we are getting somewhere!!

What i do with such hinges and decals is that i make a small cut in the decals where the hinges are placed and the rest will be touched up with either paint or pieces of decal in the same color..

Doing great Steve👍

cheers, Jan

12 minutes ago, janneman36 said:

Now we are getting somewhere!!

What i do with such hinges and decals is that i make a small cut in the decals where the hinges are placed and the rest will be touched up with either paint or pieces of decal in the same color..

Doing great Steve👍

cheers, Jan

That's the plan Jan,at least I have two set's of decal's incase of a disaster!

• Thanks 1

Hi folk's,it was make or break time for this build,the fuselage decal's were not playing at all I used all four trying to make good but they just

would not follow the  contour's and one set were so thin they showed the green through so out came the masking tape for one last go.

Happy to say a reasonable job was done with a tiny bit of touching up to do once glossed all should be well.

20190318_203022

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 5

Thank's 

2 hours ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good morning Steve

Very good job she looks great with the decals on and the DDAY bands ..

All the best

Patrice

Thank's Patrice,with this being a representation of the BBMF Dakota little or no weathering is needed so should finish  her soon.

• Like 2