ORP Krakowiak, IBG, 1:700

I know it's a bit early in your build, but have you decided on what technique you're going to use on the water?  I only ask because have just started to build the Mirage 1/350 Mazure and put her afloat.  This will be my first attempt at floating my boat and am a little nervous  (😨!!!)

Edited by Fizgig

• 1 month later...

Thanks. Decks: grey tamiya primer then shadows around superstructures and other protruding bits with XF24 misted over with base colour XF75. Then masking the shape of anti slip coatings. Again shadows done with XF63 then highlights with white, afterwards misted over with base XF77. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Washes done, I'll let it dry for a few days, then move on to fouling scratching and general destruction ;)

47799226231_cf7977c3c5_o.jpg

47799226311_1f54c019f5_o.jpg

base with the socket...

47746998792_9351ce74d8_o.jpg

in the socket, in the tomb ;)

47746998862_5652efe210_o.jpg

Thanks for watching

Mick

• Like 7

Paper templates?

Looks good, the trick with paper and CA I knew, but with the clear can be more handy, when it makes the paper less brittle... is it hard enough then so that you are able to sand the paper also then?

• 2 weeks later...

Water of shame ;) ah well you can't win all the time. It won't go to the bin, I always use mishaps  like this for testing stuff ;) I'll start new one tomorrow...

40904608853_5282f6d514_o.jpg

Cheers

Mick

• Like 1
  • Sad 2