1/144 Authentic Airliners British Airways L1011 TriStar

we really do need a separate place on this website for civil builds as I completely missed this beauty

what can I say, other than exceptionally beautiful model and very much nicer than that tiddler I have just completed in 1/200. Thanks for the heads up on the rear door Ian, all my civil aircraft books got stored in the attic since I moved house a few years ago and I made the stupid error of following Hasegawa's decal and paint guide on my kit - having studied your model here, I can soon see where I went wrong.

Keep Calm and Negus On

John

Hello,

Very nice model...

Decidedly these Authentic Airliners kits look the part.. any of them.

They capture the shape and stance of any jetliner perfectly. l never built one until now although I have 3 "regional" jets in my stash...

You really used one such model very well... 

Congratulations

Eric B.

Another great Negus airliner Ian!

Having been side-tracked into 1/48 fighters recently I must remember to try the natural metal decals I got from Authentic on my next 144 model - they add interesting detail to the wings and the engines are superb.

Mike

What a fantastic build as per usual Ian! Love it.

The Tristar is the last Trijet I have yet to build and I have the AA kit in my stash as well, but due to time constraints haven't got around to it. 

Only decals for the metal you say? That really isn't noticeable, that looks great! Especially on top of the wings. I was wondering for a long time how to approach that, but maybe your decal option is the solution.

Did the coroguard decals fit nicely?