*done* At least I tried...

vppelt68

No no, full FAA scheme with Etoiles Americains to intimidate the Vichy French during Op. Torch. The kit includes decal options for Torch, but as I have a Blackbird Models decal set, I'll use it instead. Managed to assemble the landing gear, more delicate parts there than in a complete Fortress kit! V-P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thank you all for your warm welcomes! I decided to build the little cat (what is a martlet, by the way?) with her wings spread and landing gear down. After removing the unnecessary parts and assembling some subassemblies, what was left is drastically reduced compared to the opening picture above. Now I can´t do much before I´ve let all that paint dry :hmmm:but the fuselage should be buttoned up with wings and empennage fitted tonight. I won´t forget that landing gear assembly soon... V-P

2019-02-04_02-56-14

• Like 4

Hello VP

Very nice Start ..

But believe me You must follow the building instruction for the landing gear because if you want to close the fuselage and then after that place the underccariage it is almost impossible to do ...

Cheers

Patrice

• Haha 1

The Martlet is (was?) a stylised bird used on heraldic devices. Nice work on the internal paint, it should fairly fly together now if all the mating surfaces are clean :) 

• Like 1

Good morning

I agree with Col for a one day's work the progress is amazing I guess VP will finish this build in time ..

Very good job so far V-P , maybe you could even build another one  ..

Cheers

Patrice

• Like 1

Thanks Patrice but I have no more Grummans in my stash, and a nice little (compared to a Fortress, but not to a Martlet) Airfix Mitchell that I´m itching to get started after this!

I sanded the seams this morning and then washed the little bird. This evening I try to brush on Hu 90 all over her, as a first layer of paint for the belly and as primer for the tops. V-P

• Like 3

1 hour ago, vppelt68 said:

Thanks Patrice but I have no more Grummans in my stash, and a nice little (compared to a Fortress, but not to a Martlet) Airfix Mitchell that I´m itching to get started after this!

I sanded the seams this morning and then washed the little bird. This evening I try to brush on Hu 90 all over her, as a first layer of paint for the belly and as primer for the tops. V-P

If you want another Cat in your stash I can recommend you the Eduard Hellcat it's a very nice kit easy to build ...

I think that you will be very satisfied by the Airfix Mitchell too ..

I hope we will also see you in the DC3/C47 STGB ...

Cheers

Patrice

• Like 1

Well I didn´t finish this by the GB deadline. In the end I didn´t even try too hard. The little bird is completely assembled and painted, but needs a coat of gloss varnish before adding the decals, and then a layer of flat coat. Shouldn´t take many evenings, though. V-P

Martlet

• Like 5

• vppelt68 changed the title to At least I tried...
5 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

Well I didn´t finish this by the GB deadline. In the end I didn´t even try too hard. The little bird is completely assembled and painted, but needs a coat of gloss varnish before adding the decals, and then a layer of flat coat. Shouldn´t take many evenings, though. V-P

You may not have finished before the deadline, but that is a great effort V-P. I look forward to seeing it finished.

• Thanks 1

Oh big thanks to you good people showing interest and support for my build! Found watching the first half of ManU - PSG to be a waste of time and preferred to add decals to the U.S. NAVY Martlet :hmmm:. I decided to use only the kit supplied decals and save the Blackbirds until later. So, maybe tomorrow some rattle can flat varnish on and masks off and she's done. V-P

2019-02-12_11-15-13

2019-02-12_11-14-24

• Like 5