1/35 Soviet Heavy Tank

This is a 1/35 Takom kit Soviet Heavy Tank SMK,Powered by the 850 hp Mikulin GAM-34T liquid cooled aircraft engine,it had torsion bar suspension and could reach a top speed of 35km with a 7 man crew,the armament was a 76.2mm L-11 main gun in the upper turret and a 45mm M1932 gun in the lower turret,supplemented by three 7.62 DT machine guns.Only one was built,it had a brief battle in the Winter War with Finland in 1939-1940 where it was immobilized by a anti-mine and left for 2 months unrecovered.I have built a lot of Soviet tanks and this is one I liked the first time I saw it,with its double turret,I included a figure which did not come with the kit,just to give you an idea of its size.I built this kit as it may have looked after it was knocked out.Cheers.

tn_23915541-0b41-48a4-ba22-a685ea452ae1.tn_5df37a7c-7826-4fbb-a78f-83f0a984eb53.tn_efb0dafe-461f-459a-a160-c445daf047fc.tn_6d1a5010-47f8-4d92-81a8-153eea775257.tn_5176dcce-81af-433a-aa27-59486c8c6e70.tn_9c54140f-2667-45d8-a754-c906693ec3a9.

• Like 30

1 hour ago, Hewy said:

I like the  weathered whitewash Jim, great job, is that the washable mig stuff 

Thanks Hewy,the whitewash is just a water/base acrylic,I first put down a red ochre base,then seal that,next the Soviet green,then the white,then I wash off until I'm happy with the effect,all are just craft acrylics,nothing fancy,I tint all my own colours,Hope this helps.Cheers.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, RJBud1 said:

Always been fascinated by the SMK as well, I really enjoy your work here , thumbs up,

RJ

Thanks RJ for you kind comment,This one is a very nice kit if you want to build a SMK,I've always liked the Soviet Tanks,Cheers.

6 hours ago, FrancisGL said:

A very interesting model, I am very attracted to these landships, and it seems that it is very easy to assemble and finish.
That German commander of Tamiya (Flaks), is a classic ... lol :goodjob:

Cheers Jim 👍

Thanks Francis,It caught my eye when I first saw it,shame it was a flop,would have been a frieghtening sight coming at you,and it was a dream to build (super easy,just how I like them).Spot on about the Commander,it was just to give give a visual comparison.Cheers.

8 hours ago, Hairtrigger said:

Top notch that Jim...  Love you the weathering.

Thanks for your comment,glad you like.Cheers.

4 hours ago, Buzby061 said:

Looks great, lovely job on the winter camo. 

It it looks like 2 KV-1s put in a box & shaken up!

Pete

Thanks Pete.Cheers.