Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sign in to follow this  
Adam Poultney

Best way to do pictures?

Recommended Posts

Personally, I don't think that there is any best place for photos. It's what works best for you. There are many out there, but I'd just mention two as there are a couple of threads in FAQ's on how to use them, and they are Village Photos and Flickr. Beware of Photobucket though. They have a habit of ramping up their prices.....big time!

 

John.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you have a Google account, Google Photos is easy, convenient and free.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use Flickr, tbh, not the most user friendly Photo storage site. Left photobucket....jeez, that site is so full of ads its unbelievable

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/02/2019 at 10:59, Gorby said:

If you have a Google account, Google Photos is easy, convenient and free.

Hi @Gorby I didn't realise Google Photo could be used for 3rd party hosting, so thanks.

Could be worth looking into. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, rob Lyttle said:

Hi @Gorby I didn't realise Google Photo could be used for 3rd party hosting, so thanks.

Could be worth looking into. 

I didn't until someone else on here mentioned it. I've been using it for about six months now without any problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Gorby said:

I didn't until someone else on here mentioned it. I've been using it for about six months now without any problems.

Hi, Gorby. Could you tell me how step by step, please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vinnie said:

Hi, Gorby. Could you tell me how step by step, please?

No probs Vinnie.

 

I assume you know how to access Google Photos? I can't remember if it originally asks you questions when you originally set it up, if it does, let me know and I'll attempt to answer.

 

When your photo is ready to upload, click the 'upload' icon on the top row (right hand side).

When the photo has uploaded, it will ask if you want it in a particular album – I recommend that you do put it somewhere as it makes things a lot easier to find.

Click on the album in question and then the photo you want to put on here.

Right click and select 'Copy image address'.

Then just paste the link directly into your post.

There is a white arrow in the top left that takes you back to the album, and then a black arrow that takes you back to the main page.

 

I hope that helps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OKkdWIqZ36B6qdCF-vCexeupzhGKE2rtk5nZGgIP

 

Thanks, @Gorby easy peasy. 👍Must get back to modelling so as to post something more appropriate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Thanks, @Gorby easy peasy. 👍

Yes it is easy – easier that Village Photo's in my opinion.

And what better photo to test it on than a snap of a fearsome furry sea-monster. 😱

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Testing Google Photos...

 

xRK5-SFQW4zBXiO_5R6uw23aERLru_Lk1ZvZLkyJ

 

On 10/02/2019 at 15:21, Gorby said:

No probs Vinnie.

 

I assume you know how to access Google Photos? I can't remember if it originally asks you questions when you originally set it up, if it does, let me know and I'll attempt to answer.

 

When your photo is ready to upload, click the 'upload' icon on the top row (right hand side).

When the photo has uploaded, it will ask if you want it in a particular album – I recommend that you do put it somewhere as it makes things a lot easier to find.

Click on the album in question and then the photo you want to put on here.

Right click and select 'Copy image address'.

Then just paste the link directly into your post.

There is a white arrow in the top left that takes you back to the album, and then a black arrow that takes you back to the main page.

 

I hope that helps

Thanks Gorby, helped me out 🙂

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gorby ive tried it for a thread in "for sale" but all that appears is the link??

 

Dunno if it make a difference but when I right click on photo instead of getting  'Copy image address'.  I get "Copy link address"

 

Any ideas?

 

Regards Stu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×