This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sign in to follow this  
Adam Poultney

Best way to do pictures?

Personally, I don't think that there is any best place for photos. It's what works best for you. There are many out there, but I'd just mention two as there are a couple of threads in FAQ's on how to use them, and they are Village Photos and Flickr. Beware of Photobucket though. They have a habit of ramping up their prices.....big time!

John.

If you have a Google account, Google Photos is easy, convenient and free.

I use Flickr, tbh, not the most user friendly Photo storage site. Left photobucket....jeez, that site is so full of ads its unbelievable

On 04/02/2019 at 10:59, Gorby said:

If you have a Google account, Google Photos is easy, convenient and free.

Hi @Gorby I didn't realise Google Photo could be used for 3rd party hosting, so thanks.

Could be worth looking into. 

12 hours ago, rob Lyttle said:

Hi @Gorby I didn't realise Google Photo could be used for 3rd party hosting, so thanks.

Could be worth looking into. 

I didn't until someone else on here mentioned it. I've been using it for about six months now without any problems.

6 hours ago, Gorby said:

I didn't until someone else on here mentioned it. I've been using it for about six months now without any problems.

Hi, Gorby. Could you tell me how step by step, please?

1 hour ago, Vinnie said:

Hi, Gorby. Could you tell me how step by step, please?

No probs Vinnie.

I assume you know how to access Google Photos? I can't remember if it originally asks you questions when you originally set it up, if it does, let me know and I'll attempt to answer.

When your photo is ready to upload, click the 'upload' icon on the top row (right hand side).

When the photo has uploaded, it will ask if you want it in a particular album – I recommend that you do put it somewhere as it makes things a lot easier to find.

Click on the album in question and then the photo you want to put on here.

Right click and select 'Copy image address'.

Then just paste the link directly into your post.

There is a white arrow in the top left that takes you back to the album, and then a black arrow that takes you back to the main page.

I hope that helps

OKkdWIqZ36B6qdCF-vCexeupzhGKE2rtk5nZGgIP

Thanks, @Gorby easy peasy. 👍Must get back to modelling so as to post something more appropriate. 

21 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Thanks, @Gorby easy peasy. 👍

Yes it is easy – easier that Village Photo's in my opinion.

And what better photo to test it on than a snap of a fearsome furry sea-monster. 😱

Testing Google Photos...

xRK5-SFQW4zBXiO_5R6uw23aERLru_Lk1ZvZLkyJ

On 10/02/2019 at 15:21, Gorby said:

No probs Vinnie.

I assume you know how to access Google Photos? I can't remember if it originally asks you questions when you originally set it up, if it does, let me know and I'll attempt to answer.

When your photo is ready to upload, click the 'upload' icon on the top row (right hand side).

When the photo has uploaded, it will ask if you want it in a particular album – I recommend that you do put it somewhere as it makes things a lot easier to find.

Click on the album in question and then the photo you want to put on here.

Right click and select 'Copy image address'.

Then just paste the link directly into your post.

There is a white arrow in the top left that takes you back to the album, and then a black arrow that takes you back to the main page.

I hope that helps

Thanks Gorby, helped me out 🙂

Gorby ive tried it for a thread in "for sale" but all that appears is the link??

Dunno if it make a difference but when I right click on photo instead of getting  'Copy image address'.  I get "Copy link address"

Any ideas?

Regards Stu