Frog/Airfix Bristol Beaufort

8 minutes ago, AdrianMF said:

It is a well-known law of modelling that no major manufacturer releases a state of the art kit of a subject until some poor sucker has spent a year or so upgrading a horrible old one. Just taking one for the team

I said it way back but it’s worth saying again that’s a marvellous Beaufort and Airfix will have to go some to beat it. 

You don’t fancy trying the 1/48 Sanger vac by any chance?  Just sayin ..........

• Haha 1

The new Airfix kit looks really nice, and I think it will be a cracker. The Beaufighter was a great kit and the flying surfaces and tail are pretty much the same for the Beaufort. I hope it sells a ton!

Looking at my workbench, I doubt that Airfix will be kitting an Empire Boat or a Fairey Long Range Monoplane any time soon!   I would have thought the Mosquito was on the list for a refreshed mould, and doing the later version would be a good twist, like the Kittyhawk-Tomahawk and early-late B-25. As for the Lincoln, rather perversely, I am quite tempted to have a crack at a Manchester, so heading in the other direction! 

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 3

A Manchester by Airfix would do it for me, also, Adrian, so full-steam ahead on your conversion, if that's where you go! I believe you're correct about the Empire Flying Boat or the Fairey Long Range Monoplane, although strangely enough I wouldn't mind seeing Airfix coming out with the Fairey Long Range Monoplane (I've always rather liked experimental and record-setting aircraft). Why I even have a kit of the Soviet analogue to the Fairey aircraft, the ANT-25.

Regards,

Jason

Edited by Learstang
Additional comments added.
  • Like 1