This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Very nice indeed, that's wonderful work

That’s the business that is 👍🏻👍🏻

Trevor

Superb job.

I'm hoping that when I start one of three 'High Planes' Beaufort's I have, someone (Airfix?) will have announced a new tool release!

:goodjob:

Davey.

Amazing detail added to that old kit.   Quite inspiring.

David

Exceptional results Adrian and as long as it has the original manufacturers plate its a good'n.

Keith 

Stunning and yes eagerly anticipating the Announcement of a mainstream new Tooling Beaufort given your sacrifice to the Modelling Altar!  

Thank you all so much for the comments on the finished model and the support I've had over the build!

It has been fun and it has left me with the urge to do a proper build of the new Airfix Beaufighter, because of the exemplary engineering and fit of the parts I used (although I'm going to be filling the panel lines). I have been pulling that Frog Beaufort kit out of the stash, having a quick look and putting it back with a shudder for around eight years now, but I am now cured!

Although I've done my bit to get a new mainstream model, I am in two minds about it. There are very few Beauforts in the RFI forum*, which may reflect the scarcity and/or difficulty of kits. Or it may be that in popularity terms it is simply squeezed out by the Blenheim on one side and the Beaufighter on the other, and so sales projections may not be that great. Maybe we all need to start building a Frog/Highplanes/Special Hobby one...

Regards,

Adrian

* Numbers of hits searching for word in title only of threads in this RFI forum:

14 Beaufort
24 Walrus

36 Anson

70+ Blenheim

80+ Swordfish

130+ Beaufighter

200+ Mosquito

600+ Hurricane

Fantastic work there Adrian, really, really nice work

I`ve been following this Adrian and it has turned out brilliantly,....... it looks every inch a Beaufort,......I love it!!

Also,.... thanks for hastening along a mainstream kit as it always happens after somebody goes to such lengths to create a mini masterpiece of a neglected type and one of my favourite RAF aircraft to boot!!

Cheers

Tony

Edited by tonyot

Smashing job and quite an achievement. It looks great!! Well done!

Miguel

6 hours ago, AdrianMF said:

* Numbers of hits searching for word in title only of threads in this RFI forum:

14 Beaufort
24 Walrus

36 Anson

70+ Blenheim

80+ Swordfish

130+ Beaufighter

200+ Mosquito

600+ Hurricane

Or that may be down to the sheer lack of kits out there.

My experience of Looking for Beaufort kits at various shows has lead me to find only one kit, a High Planes effort (that I bashed together in my earlier reintroduction to modelling!). I’m still on the hunt for a special hobby. eBay prices have been a little steep in my experience (same was true for the Classic Airframes 1/48 Blenheims that we’re in the £50+ mark until Airfix released theirs!).

Ever hopeful

Matt

Having followed the build thread with interest, I can honestky say that it's some of the best modelling I've seen.  Quite simply, exceptional!