This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

A masterpiece.

Even if Airfix or someone does release a state-of-the-art Beaufort, building it couldn't match the satisfaction you must feel from producing your model.

John.

Simply stunning. Your hard work definitely paid off!

Dave

Enjoyed the WIP thread and great to see it in RFI.  The Beaufort - sadly neglected aircraft both in reality and in modelling.  Well done and take the rest of the day off !

Amazing scratch/conversion work Adrian, it turned out a beau(ty).

Looking forward to what you come up with next and to the new tooled Beaufort that will inevitably result from all of your hard work on this one.

Excellent Adrian. It took me back to those old articles in the Airfix magazine of the '70s. However the end result and pictures are much more 'state of the art' than was achieved way back then!

A real pleasure.

Regards

Jim

Great looking Beaufort, think you’ve got a long wait for a mainstream version. The satisfaction of transforming a sows ear is in my opinion far more rewarding! 

Fantastic looking model, considering the amount of work put into this model over the past 10 months I think one of the mainstream kit manufacturers owe you Beaufort!

So you have finished the Beaufort! It is a master work.  Congratulations! It really have a look :) 

Regards

J-W

She is an absolute beauty, she is a real credit to you and your great modelling skills.

Superb Build

All the best
Chris

Fine work Adrian and an aircraft I would love to see Airfix issue as a new tool(as well as a Hampden)

Fantastic result. I have at various times looked at the Frog and Special Hobby kits and would love a Beaufort in the collection - I jut don't have the skills or patience to do something like this. A very under represented aircraft.

Cheers

Malcolm

Very nice.  Interesting to see that one of the turret machine guns is mounted on its side.

If you had one gun (on the gunner’s right, i.e. to port) it was mounted on its side, but when they added the second one they managed to get it in upright. Somewhere in the WIP thread I posted some photos showing this on the real thing. I guess it was to do with space or possibly, as someone suggested, ejected shell collection.

Regards,

Adrian

You did really well!!!!!

I like her all, but there are a few treats, like the wooden effect on the torpedo's winglets that I really love!!!

Bravissimo!!!!!!:clap:

Edited by Massimo

5 hours ago, AdrianMF said:

the IL-2 isn't really that bright a green

It  looks like a perfect match for tractor green to my eye. ;) :D

The Beaufort is simply sublime. Wonderful modelling on show. Lets hope the karma thing works with this one too.  :)

Steve.

Not only does it look most splendid but a fantastic amount of the work that went in.

Very nice. I happen to be reading a book written by a Beaufort pilot. Very brave men indeed.

Very well done Adrian - she's a beauty. Thanks for sharing the build and showing us your superb scratching / mods; great stuff.

That model makes me weep with joy. It's simply stunning.

The modelling fraternity will look back on your self-sacrifice (causing the release of a new-mold kit) with utmost respect and appreciation.

That is a superb piece of craftsmanship.