Frog/Airfix Bristol Beaufort

Superb job.

I'm hoping that when I start one of three 'High Planes' Beaufort's I have, someone (Airfix?) will have announced a new tool release!

ย 

:goodjob:

ย 

Davey.

ย 

ย 

• Thanks 1

Thank you all so much for the comments on the finished model and the support I've had over the build!

ย 

It has been fun and it has left me with the urge to do a proper build of the new Airfix Beaufighter, because of the exemplary engineering and fit of the parts I used (although I'm going to be fillingย the panel lines). I have been pulling that Frog Beaufort kit out of the stash, having a quick look and putting it back with a shudder for around eight years now, but I am now cured!

ย 

Although I've done my bit to get a new mainstream model, I am in two minds about it. There are very fewย Beauforts in theย RFI forum*, which may reflect the scarcity and/or difficulty ofย kits. Or it may be that in popularity termsย it is simply squeezed out by the Blenheim on one side and the Beaufighter on the other, and so sales projections may not be that great. Maybe we all need to start building a Frog/Highplanes/Special Hobby one...

ย 

Regards,

Adrian

ย 

* Numbers of hits searching for word in title only of threads in this RFI forum:

14 Beaufort
24 Walrus

36 Anson

70+ Blenheim

80+ Swordfish

130+ย Beaufighter

200+ Mosquito

600+ Hurricane

I`ve been following this Adrian and it has turned out brilliantly,....... it looks every inch a Beaufort,......I love it!!

ย 

Also,.... thanks for hastening along a mainstream kit as it always happens after somebody goes to such lengths to createย a mini masterpiece of a neglected type and one of my favourite RAF aircraft to boot!!

ย 

Cheers

ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  Tony

Edited by tonyot
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, AdrianMF said:

ย 

* Numbers of hits searching for word in title only of threads in this RFI forum:

14 Beaufort
24 Walrus

36 Anson

70+ Blenheim

80+ Swordfish

130+ย Beaufighter

200+ Mosquito

600+ Hurricane

Or that may be down to the sheer lack of kits out there.

My experience of Lookingย for Beaufort kits at various shows has lead me to find only one kit, a High Planes effortย (that I bashed together in my earlier reintroduction to modelling!).ย Iโ€™m still on the hunt for a special hobby. eBay prices have been a little steep in my experience (same was true for the Classic Airframes 1/48ย Blenheims that weโ€™re in the ยฃ50+ mark until Airfix released theirs!).

ย 

Everย hopeful

Matt

• Thanks 1

Having followed the build thread with interest, I can honestky say that it's some of the best modelling I've seen.ย  Quite simply, exceptional!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
On 2/5/2019 at 11:56 PM, AdrianMF said:

Although I've done my bit to get a new mainstream model, I am in two minds about it. There are very fewย Beauforts in theย RFI forum*,

ย 

14 Beaufort,ย 24 Walrus,ย 36 Anson,ย 70+ Blenheim,ย 80+ Swordfish,ย 130+ย Beaufighter,ย 200+ Mosquito,ย 600+ Hurricane

Well it worked!

What are you going to do next that will inspire a manufacturer?ย 

• Haha 1

A great looking Beaufort.ย  Now, could you please painstaikingly convert an old Mosquito kit in to a two-stage Merlin version?ย  I shall be looking out for the new, state of the art kit announcement around the time you finish it.

• Thanks 1

Nice start! but in order to seal the deal on a new tool Beaufort you must do at least 2 more builds on the same level as this fine example. I'm anxiously awaiting

for the results of both your builds and the new tool. ย ๐Ÿ˜‰ย :hourglass:

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, keith in the uk said:

looks like sods law has struck again

It is a well-known law of modelling that no major manufacturer releases a state of the art kit of a subject until some poor sucker has spent a year or so upgrading a horrible old one. Just taking one for the team...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2