Eduard 1:144 Ju-52 'Where Eagles Dare'

Hi all,

Have wanted to do this scheme for a while, got the kit in December 2017 and finally started it late last year. I got the decals custom made but they got lost in the Christmas post so had to be re-sent, so I only got it finished a couple of days ago.

It's a decent kit, but I had some fit issues, especially with the windows section, as the two strips for the windows are clear (both the windows themselves and the surrounding area) so it's hard to get them flush with the plastic fuselage sides. I also had some issues with the method I tried to use to do the camo, so all in all this isn't as 'smooth' a build as I would like! That said, it looks like the movie aircraft and I'm happy enough to have it done and on the shelf.

If anyone wants the decals that came with the kit (Eduard 1:144 'Airliner') or even the spare sets of 'Where Eagles Dare' decals (there was enough room on the decal sheet when I ordered them to get a few sets made up) just let me know, they're yours.

Thanks.

Kit: Eduard Ju-52 'Airliner'
Scale: 1:144
Paint & Weathering: Airbrushed with One Shot Mig Primer and Revell Aqua Colours, Weathered with Oils.
Extras: Bedlam Creations Custome Decals for 'Where Eagles Dare' scheme.

resized_2c56b292-968f-47d8-bc13-f110761b

resized_c9ad566f-719d-487a-b329-769ae831

resized_a0300c1e-c46f-483d-a2f6-c40556b0

resized_44a8bb90-56a3-4f1e-8329-a535f96a

5ac3dc31-d9d1-4f62-abbf-8440c45dfb05.jpg

resized_fe014ff8-796c-4549-b35d-e48d8f1d

• Like 55

Murky, snowy alpine scene.......a tiny dot in centre, slowly becoming larger all the time, 

dada dum,............ dadadada dum, ..............dadadada dum,.....dada dum......dadadadadada dum,..........

.............dadadada dum,.............dadadada dum,...............dadadada dum,....dada dum, ......dadadadada  dum..............,

.............dadadada dum, .............dadadada dum,..............dadadada dum.....dada dum,........dadadadadada dum, dadadadadada dum, dadadadadada dum, dadadadadada dum VVVVVVRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Never seen it.

Only joking!

Great model. Very evocative.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jf81kdTDOoQ

Edited by bobsyouruncle
  • Like 3
  • Haha 6

Thanks for the comments, much appreciated! Such an iconic film and aircraft.

Pretty certain it's white overall, from what I can see from freezing the DVD and also pics online of the Swiss aircraft used. I have spare 1:144 decals if you want them Josip?

I still remember the impressive shooting and the various low passes etc. with the Ju52 at the airfield in Aigen where we used to fly regularly. Back then as a child I didn't have any idea who Richard Burton, Clint Eastwood etc. are, but I did know the Ju52 already!

A very nice model btw :) 

Edited by PZL104
  • Like 2

Very nicely done mate.

The same aircraft also featured in the movie 'Valkyrie' in 2008 and a German movie 'Bis zum Horizont, dann links!'in 2012.

It is a shame the real aircraft crashed last year.

Edited by falcon
  • Like 1

On 2/3/2019 at 5:42 PM, Rumblestripe said:

"...broadsword calling danny boy..."

Nice job

Nah...sounds nothing like Ken Bruce.....😉

Camo's pretty much spot on tho'.  

Lovely finish, you wouldn't really know it was 1/144th..👍👍

Edited by keithjs
  • Haha 1