Well, you live and learn.

Carried out a magnified inspection of the airbrush (after replacing a bent needle) and the nozzle itself is damaged (jeez, these things are delicate)

No wonder paint distribution was crap! (as well as my mixing 🙂)

So, awaiting new nozzle then will resume (have also ordered a crown, so hopefully that will reduce drying needle tip)

I thought this hobby was supposed to be relaxing lol

• Like 2

Okee Dokee....

Brief update on E-75. Photo's taken outdoors to get a better reflection of acual colours...

RAL 8012 Dark Red Primer - Factory Base Coat
RAL 6003 Olivgrün - Disruptive Pattern
RAL 7028 Dunkelgelb - Disruptive Pattern
RAL 8017 Schokoladenbraun - Disruptive Pattern

Markings represent a tank from 3rd Company,  sPzAbt.505

After this, Tracks, Tools & Weathering!! ...

E9GGvlk4VpNzP8k3wKgw2-XrZvn6ak02HmVs66Qy

Vru6LOT-qMMFJxM2yfJ6f6zGm1Npz0ootlf-QBSg

9_PRZ_875ycmlzCQUK7H3JLTAtvAIV6zsTNNTnlo

i5SLPfCOTI7XgrTr8RjlRRNgufQTRU1UWukbxkrW

• Like 6

Hey Rogue. That is a great looking tank with a different paint scheme compared to lost Tigers with dunkelgelb as Base color. Maybe it would be a good idea to sharpen the yellow a bit, that would help it looking more in scale. Waiting to see your progress.

20 hours ago, Soeren said:

Hey Rogue. That is a great looking tank with a different paint scheme compared to lost Tigers with dunkelgelb as Base color. Maybe it would be a good idea to sharpen the yellow a bit, that would help it looking more in scale. Waiting to see your progress.

Thanks for the post Soeren 👍

How would sharpening the yellow help looking to scale?

Thanks again

Hmm, good question. I would say it is the ratio of blur and size of the snakes. With that size, the blur should be less noticable. Always looking from the perspective of a guy and his spraygun tuned to real size.

Edited by Soeren

1 minute ago, Soeren said:

Hmm, good question. I would say it is the ratio of blur and size of the snakes. With that size, the blur should be less noticable. Always looking from the perspective of a guy and his spraygun tuned to real size.

Hmmmmm 🤔, see what you mean.

Will bear it in mind for next time, as i've now varnished, but thanks for the advice 🙂

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, RT Nevada said:

Any recent progress on the chi ri? I ordered that kit a little bit ago and it just came in the mail, so I figured I’d pop in and see how yours was coming along haha. 

On hold at moment RT, apologies

24 minutes ago, Rogue705 said:

TBH, totaly screwed it up, had a petty, chucked it in the recycling 🙂

Looking forward to seeing yours!

Haha I’m about at that point with a p-61 I’ve been working on the past few months. These things happen tho! Are there any problems with the kit I should know about before I get started? I’m still a few months out from starting it as I have a few other things on the bench right now and a few more to get thru after those. 

Hindsight is always 20/20 haha. Good to know, thanks! I picked up some Vallejo parched grass from the local hobby shop the other day and it looks a little aged so I’ll probably try it out on my p-61 which is about to be my new test bed vehicle haha

• Like 1