Buffalo Airways C-47 ##Finished##

Jb65rams

On 4/27/2019 at 8:01 PM, Dansk said:

This might just be the best scheme on a DC-3 ever!

Great Job I love it!

This and the CAF/RCAF red white scheme are my favorites.

Looking really good JB. I've got the same set of decals in the 'pending' pile as the history of the real airframe is an interest to me. My father was an RAF engineering officer at RAF Broadwell during 1944-45. The airframe was with 575sqn and he would have dealt with any issues it had as he was daily duty officer working with Daks. He missed out on D-day but was there for Arnhem, when he was awarded a MiD. I knew about the MiD but only found out about Broadwell 15 years after he passed away and whilst I was living 4 miles from the airfield.

So, I'll be following this closely and hope to emulate it. 

Hutch

On 04/05/2019 at 17:33, busnproplinerfan said:

Did you used the glue to fill the gaps on the side windows? or make the whole window with it?

The whole window was created with the glue. The decal doesn't have window openings in, so I omitted plastic windows, which would have to be fitted before the fuselage halves are joined. I though is would be easier to place the the decal and when set cut the window opening out with a sharp knife.

I have used Micro Kristal Klear to glaze before, but found Deluxe's Glue'n'Glaze easier, mainly due to the very fine nozzle applicator on the bottle which gave me more control.