Basler AC-47T Fantasma

1903flight

I will be joining this GB either a AC-47T Fantasma of the Colombian Air Force.  The Basler BT-67 is a remanufactured and modified Douglas DC-3; the modifications designed to significantly extend the DC-3's serviceable lifetime. Not just a case of adding new turbo prop engines, but the forward fuselage is extended to keep the centre of gravity correct. The wing tips are also modified, as are the ailerons, elevators and wing tips.  

From Jet Photos

https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8073362

I will be using the Airfix Douglas Dakota boxing as the base kit and the Alley Cat Models Basler AC-47T Fantasma conversion set. 

Images to to follow shortly, once I can get into my Flickr account. 

• Like 1

So can only access Flickr on a desktop browser for now, so images might be slow in appearing .

The base Airfix kit that I will be using:

IMG_0007

Sprue short of the Airfix plastic:

IMG_0008

I am sure that the Airfix C-47 will be a popular choice for this group build,so I leave the Airfix Shots at one.

Now for the contents of Alley Cat set:

IMG_0009

A set of Instructions, colour profiles and a small decal sheet:

IMG_0010

If I am completely honest, the instructions appear to lack a bit of detail, so I will proceed with caution. Right now for the resin parts. seating with the components to change the airframe:

IMG_0011

The resin parts look nicely cast and the Minion and cannon already have the brass tubes cast in the to them:

IMG_0012

The props, including a jig for assembly - a nice touch.

IMG_0013

The final parts are the clean resin for the windows (the main cockpit glazing was broken during shipping, so will need be carefully repaired), a small etch set for the door airflow deflectors and the numbers aerials.

IMG_0014

IMG_0014

Looking forward to getting started on this next weekend.

Edited by 1903flight
  • Like 9

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome aboard all.

Sorry for the delay in updates - very busy at work, plus had some issues with leaking pipes, involving a stay in a hotel.  

Finally given up on Flickr, I can no longer access my account on a mobile device.  So now trying Village Photos.

started marking out were to cut...

resized_83561ee7-2ff1-44f9-8177-b996aa80

resized_eceb2c12-c37d-4954-acd2-bf7ea440

Now to start the cutting...

More later (hopefully)

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Will be watching this one as I have wanted to do this gunship and have seen a couple different conversion sets but would prefer to start with the Airfix kit.

On 4/17/2019 at 10:32 PM, busnproplinerfan said:

This will be different. Who would the Columbians be using this against?

Im thinking FARC & ELN.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colombian_conflict

The Colombians have had an internal war going since the 1960’s. Not to mention the Narco cartels of the 60’s-70’s-80’s. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Thanks 1