F-86A in 1/48

Decals on and a quick photo: I'm still waiting for the main bespoke decals, so a bit of a stopping point, plus a few late days at work preventing progress. I may take some more photos and paste them later. The tonal differences in panel shades don't really show up at all here I note!

• Like 15

Not much going on this last week (work!) but hope to resume and get most of the remaining bits done this weekend. Still waiting for final few decals. Here are a few more shots of the current state of play:

56 (3)

56 (4)

56 (5)

56 (6)

56 (7)

56 (9)

56 (12)

• Like 8

I'm well late to this party but what a party!

Really impressed with this one Duncan. Your workmanship/craftmanship is excellent, very inspiring and stirring me up to get my 1/72 RAF Sabre 4 sorted to closure after Decembers mishap with the weathering, and get another Sabre on the starting block! Life is frustratingly in the way at the moment as I am working away a lot currently and have a few DIY projects on the go at home ......... excuses I know.

Looking forward to seeing the finished bird!

Terry

• Like 1

Excellent stuff Duncan.

4 hours ago, Terry1954 said:

Life is frustratingly in the way at the moment as I am working away a lot currently and have a few DIY projects on the go at home ......... excuses I know.

You told me that you had retired...priorities...less jibba-jabba and get on with it Terry :whip::rofl:

Stuart

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Terry1954 said:

I'm well late to this party but what a party!

Really impressed with this one Duncan. Your workmanship/craftmanship is excellent, very inspiring and stirring me up to get my 1/72 RAF Sabre 4 sorted to closure after Decembers mishap with the weathering, and get another Sabre on the starting block! Life is frustratingly in the way at the moment as I am working away a lot currently and have a few DIY projects on the go at home ......... excuses I know.

Looking forward to seeing the finished bird!

Terry

I need to catch up on yours then! I know how it is - there have been a few moments with this one but so far nothing major.

Well I managed to get a great deal done today, starting off with that blank space aft of the seat. Eduard give you lots of flat bits but you have to do the rest:

57 (1)

57 (2)

And painted & glued in place. Note the Eduard canopy rails tidying up the forward parts. It's all very black, but that's how it should be:

57 (19)

Then those tail lights: I used the kit parts, but since they are mounted horizontally and fit into a slot on the Hasegawa kit, I had to slice off the 'slot' bit that joins them together and then hope they didn't ping off into the carpet (which for once they didn't).

58 (1)

Backs are painted silver and then a black surround to simulate the rubber mount they sit on:

58 (8)

And then lots of basic kit stuff to mount: landing gear, doors, actuators and speed brakes:

So just the canopy to do (need to make some bits to add to the Eduard PE); fit the slats and a few odds & ends to paint/touch-up. Oh and make the v-screen - keep forgetting that I haven't sorted out when to do that bit. Not shown is a brass rod pitot probe added to the right wingtip and the fuel vent mast on the aft fuselage. Hopefully the decals will arrive soon! 

Edited by Sabrejet
  • Like 8