Entex Normandy C-47 ++FINISHED++

CliffB

The clock's ticking and I'm looking forward to seeing a flurry of additions to the Gallery over the next couple of weeks :popcorn:

For my part, I've finally got some paint on - or to be more precise, two lots of paint!

First off, I used Tamiya XF-62 Olive Drab:

P1100641.jpg

It was very dark and had no hint of brown about it.  It may be accurate in some situations (there are plenty of photos of dark green C-47s on the net), but it just didn't look right to my eyes.  I don't know what qualifies my eyes to have an opinion (as they've never actually seen a real OD C-47), but nevertheless I wasn't happy with the look.

So then I tried again using Xtracrylix XA1111 Olive Drab:

P1100642.jpg

No shortage of brown now :winkgrin:.  Overall though, I do prefer the new look, so shall be sticking with it.

As an aside, it's nice that the Xtracrylix is decal-ready.

Cheers

Cliff

• Like 4

On 4/28/2019 at 7:56 PM, Dansk said:

Looks great Cliff. 👍

Could be great to see something for a scale comparison to appreciate the great work at this smaller scale. 

Thanks Paul.

In reality, the model's not that small (I suppose because the C-47 is a relatively large aircraft).

Here it is alongside a 1/72 Spitfire

P1100644.jpg

Cheers

Cliff

• Like 3

3 hours ago, CliffB said:

Thanks Paul.

In reality, the model's not that small (I suppose because the C-47 is a relatively large aircraft).

Here it is alongside a 1/72 Spitfire

P1100644.jpg

Cheers

Cliff

It’s pretty darn small though cliff, well it looks great. Cant wait to see it finished!

• Thanks 1

I was hoping that I might get this finished today, but I've hit a small snag

P1100645.jpg

Decalling was going pretty well, with just the fuselage stripes to go.  

I was wondering how the straight edge along the top of the decal was going to work with tail spine, so I photocopied the decal and cut out a template.  I'm glad I did this, because it revealed that the decal is too short and that I'd have to paint the stripes over the spine myself. Rather than do this, I've decided to ditch the decals (apart from the stars n' bars), and paint the fuselage stripes in their entirety.

I did consider painting all of the stripes from the outset, but I do get a perserve pleasure from building my 1/100 kits OOB (warts and all), so I decided to give the decal stripes a go.  Oh well ...:winkgrin:

Cheers

Cliff

• Like 1

Finished at last :)

Overall I'm happy, but I seem to have forgotten to blend the cockpit glazing into the fuselage - I only noticed in the photos!  It's hardly noticable in the flesh, but nevertheless I think a wipe of Perfect Plastic Putty and an OD touch-up are called for (just not today ;)).

P1100646.JPG

Thank to all who have supported the build and to Patrice and Enzo for making it all happen.

Cheers

Cliff

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Grandboof said:

Another great model from you 

Martin H

10 hours ago, janneman36 said:

Wow that iss a very nice result from the nitto/entex kit👍😎

cheers, Jan

Thanks Martin and Jan.  Your comments are much appreciated.

Cheers

Cliff

17 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Another superb build Cliff,you continue to corner the market on these odd scale's and rare subject's,great stuff!

Thanks Steve, unfortunately it's turning into an obsession ("I'll just buy one more" etc. etc!) ;)

• Like 2