Issue with ALCLAD II Klear Kote Semi-Matte

spruecutter96

Hello, All. 

In November, I bought two bottles of the above in the Kit Swap at Telford. When I got them home, I noticed they both had about a quarter-inch of "sediment" on the bottom of the bottles. When I shook the bottle, numerous small specks/lumps could be seen floating in the solution (the shaking didn't cause the sediment to be absorbed into the solution, in other words).

Now, a few months later, all of the solution itself looks fairly cloudy. It seemed much clearer generally when I bought it. Obviously, as I bought it second-hand, I have no way of knowing how old they were, when I bought them. 

Is this a problem? It it caused by the Klear's age or storage conditions? Exposure to sunlight (not by myself - I know sunlight can be pretty destructive to some materials)? Temperature? Is it still useable?

Any advice will be very gratefully received.  

Chris.  

PS: I've not tried airbrushing it yet, fearing the sediment could gum up my airbrush. 

Edited by spruecutter96
Adding some information.

• 4 weeks later...

I'd be wary. With my bottle, the white matting agent settles to the bottom after a few days of not agitating it, leaving the rest of the liquid clear. If yours is still cloudy after a month, all I can say is that it behaves very differently than my four month old store bought bottle.

Perhaps you can get one of those battery operated stirrers to see if it can blend better that way?