USAF paints F-15 in WW2 P.47 colours

Black Knight

Nice idea.

Pity the BBC have their primary school copywriter on the job.

"National insignias [sic] painted on the side of the jets [sic] showed they were American."  Two errors in a statement of the blindingly obvious.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Seahawk said:

Pity the BBC have their primary school copywriter on the job.

aye, indeed. When I first read the story and put it up here the story spoke of plural F-15s painted, now it appears to be only one has been painted

3 hours ago, Julien said:

I like the stripes and the tail, not sure on the nose.

Julien

I can only see the one quarter angle photo in the article. It looks as if it were taken from the port forward area looking at the portside of the F-15 Eagle. But its distorted as if they shot the picture through a canopy ? Anyone have a better side view of the whole plane, one that isnt distorted ?   

7 hours ago, Black Knight said:

Decals anyone?

You could use a set from an existing sheet for a P-47 might take two for the checkerboard ? Stripes you could paint though. 

2 hours ago, Richard E said:

Twobobs Aviation Graphics

Personally Id hope another company would do them. Maybe you and others have had luck with Twobobs decals. Ive tried them twice now. Both times they instantly disintegrated when contacting the water. 

On 2/2/2019 at 12:25 PM, LostCosmonauts said:

I think the article should have said it was painted in WWII markings as opposed to colours. I was expecting an olive drab/ nuetral gray or natural metal bird.