CAF/RCAF KCC-130H refuelling pod type.

TBC

Does anyone know what the origin is of this hose and drogue unit? It looks identical to the ones used on Victor’s. Is this in fact what they are, ex/surplus RAF pods?

2 hours ago, andyf117 said:

They were the Cobham (FRL) Mk 32B-751 - those on the Victor were the FRL Mk20B....

I wonder if a Mk.20B from an Airfix 1/72 Victor kit could be used as a basis for conversion provided enough reference material could be sourced? Thank you for the reply.

7 minutes ago, andyf117 said:

The Mk32 was developed from the Mk20, and was the type fitted to the RAAF 707 tanker and certain KC-135s (French, Singaporean and some USAF) - there was a Ron's Resins set for the former, and for the latter new parts were added to the old AMT KC-135R when it was released by Heller...

....I've compared a Revell Victor kit pod half against both. The Victor part almost fits within the equivalent Heller one, and is noticeably slimmer than the solid resin item - I have no idea, though, how it compares with an Airfix one...

....there was also a Hawkeye RAAF 707 resin conversion containing the Mk32 pods, as seen here: 

HM%20CS-25-72%20Resin%20Parts.jpg

Again, comparison of the Revell Victor part shows it is much slimmer...

....however, the good news is that I have a Hawkeye set going spare - as pictured, minus the two top (707 specific) items, if you're interested in it?

You bet I am! PM’d you off board. Thank you.