Horton Wingless Prototype-1950, Scratchbuild 1/72

16 hours ago, Moa said:

We know, we have visited your profile and seen the photo:

49932677641_b5e6bfc1bd_o.jpg

That is not me, but rather my alter ego: Don Diego Miguel de Tejas y Fresno, used only when traveling. Egad! I have been unmasked!

Edited by Space Ranger
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Space Ranger said:

Don Diego Miguel de Tejas y Fresno

What a coincidence, my alter ego is Don Diego de la Vega; I take care of California and fight to keep at bay Sargento García and Cap Monasterio (and the despicable members of the Ignorant Orange Order).

You will NOT out-hair me, sir!

Here a Daguerreotype taken in my youth:

49935782716_15b56b34fe_b.jpg

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Horatio Gruntfuttock said:

Oh Moa , you do keep stunning us with the weird world of aeronautical oddities. A lovely job, and am I wrong to ask if this first appeared on Internet Modeller some years back?

Oh Horatio, I have posted here about 300 models, many of them from my modeling archives, of equal or greater oddity (I look at this one and the body reminds me of the Burnelli:

Most went unnoticed, but for a few modelers that had reactions ranging from screaming to ecstasy.

It is possible that this model (made iirc in 2008) has been posted either on Internet Modeler, or ARCair. It is posted on my blog, though.

The eye is in the beholder's beauty.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Wow, how could i miss that for so long!

As a fan of Body Doubles (in Germany: The Death Comes Twice), Brain de Palma and all kinds of lifting bodies:

Thank you for the model and the narration about and around it.

Since Aviator a*******s are available in close up for millions.

Great small replica!

Tom

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, replicant said:

Wow, how could i miss that for so long!

As a fan of Body Doubles (in Germany: The Death Comes Twice), Brain de Palma and all kinds of lifting bodies:

Thank you for the model and the narration about and around it.

Since Aviator a*******s are available in close up for millions.

Great small replica!

Tom

Thanks, Tom

It was an interesting plane with an interesting story.

17 minutes ago, Moa said:

There are so many more like this one in the magician's hat of aviation history, that I am surprised that they are not modeled more often.

There is live beyond the Spitfires! 😄

That's quite true. Where your specialty is those little knowns of way back when ( and you reproduce them most wonderfully), there are some of us who'd love to see more kits of not-so-little knowns but seldom produced types. I'm often amazed at the number of obscure (to me at least) kits I see forthcoming at Rumormonger but the lack of kits for better known but apparently not as popular types. I think the cottage market is beginning to capitalize on this niche but for us modelers it's hit or miss whether they'll produce that "one" we're longing for. Regardless, keep on doing the fascinating work you do. We get beautifully built models to see and history lessons that go along with them and it's a treat for all of us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kapam said:

A strange-looking plane!  Makes me wonder how a thing like that must've handled in flight. 🤨

An excellent scratch-build though!

:clap2:

Thanks!

I remember two conflicting reports, one that stated control issues and a tire blow-up on one of the take-offs, and another that stated normal flight.

Now, strange, you say...

:blink: