Stockists of Sovereign/WEM/Colourcoats Paint

nheather

Are there any UK online stockists of Colourcoats paint other than Sovereign.

Here’s my thoughts.  I really should be sticking to acrylics but I have a navy project and Colourcoats seems to be the easiest way forward.

Sovereign have been unavailable for a while due to a warehouse fire but appear to be back up running now.  I need three maybe four tins, that’s all.  The postage seems a little excessive but I reluctantly waived that.  But then I find that there is a minimum order of six tins too.  It’s a double whammy - high postage cost, okay I get that but then they slap on a minimum order on top.  So pretty reluctant to use them as it is going to cost £21.50 for £7.50 worth of paint.

So wondering whether there are any other online retailers that carry Colourcoats.

Cheers,

Nigel

Edited by nheather

Hi Nigel,

You're more than welcome to shop elsewhere - we completely understand.

We have a minimum order so that can charge so little for postage. We pretty much break even on 6 tins. It costs us £13 to send flammable liquids whether it's one tin or a 10kg box of tins. I work another full time career to pay the mortgage etc and Sovereign is a good way of using up all our free time for no additional family income to keep stuff available and to grow a little business around over time. We used to charge postage at cost without a minimum order, but I got sick of abusive emails accusing us of profiteering on Parcelforce flat rates so I blocked all those people from our webstore and changed our policy. It works for some, and not for others. Making nothing on 6 tin orders is one thing but actively getting poorer by subsidising postage and under-recovering on products is not on the cards. Most customers buy more than 6 though so on the whole it works well.

@Duncan B carries some stock of Colourcoats. He doesn't post because he too wants to stay out of court and would need dangerous goods postage contracts like we have, but he does take them to a lot of shows under his company BlackMike Models.

HTH,

Best regards,

Jamie

Are okay, so because they are flammable you can’t send them using Royal Mail?

That’s a pain.  Understandable but making it too expensive for me I’m afraid.  Will have to look at alternatives.

Cheers,

Nigel

Edited by nheather

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/22/2019 at 10:26 PM, Threadbear said:

You will find that Hannants are in exactly same situation with regards postage with Xtracolor enamels.

Yes I can see that.  Appreciate the problem but I can’t pay £14 for p&p.  So abandoned the idea and bought some vallejo paints instead.  I accept they may not be as close a match as the ColourCoats but tgey will be close enough for my needs.

Cheers,

Nigel