Morris LRC - 3rd Infantry Division 1944

TomCZ

Hi there,

I am currently building Morris LRC from Accurate Armour and have decided to build it in NWE camo.

I am referring to known picture of M5204655 from behind. It comes from last batches, so I think it is in SCC.15, but there are some spots visible on turret.

What could be camo scheme ? Overall SCC.15 or SCC.15 with disruptive pattern ?

There is circle of 3rd, Inf, Div, sign on left above "51", but is "51" white on red ?

Are there any detiled pics of additional constructions for canistes etc. on sides og engine compartment ?

Any inputs welcomed, thank you.

The vehicle is likely a MK.II as it is doubtful units would use the earlier version without all wheel drive.

S.C.C. 15 was introduced in April of 1944, so if this one was manufactured after that date, yes to that colour.  If earlier, no as repaints weren't called for equipment unless there was a major overhaul done.  It's possible black disruptive camouflage was present.

The white 51 would be on a light blue background as it is an engineer unit, or more accurately 17th Field Company, Royal Engineers.

V7MOHN2.png

regards,

Jack

Having taken a look at this particular vehicle I see that it carries the rather unusual pre-1944 scheme of two browns.  It is unusual in that the colours on the turret were reversed from the specified type pattern.  The LRC is painted in the MTP. 46/4A patterning with a basic colour of SCC.2 brown and SCC1A dark brown on all upper surfaces.   The darker colour is lobed,  'Mickey Mouse' type application, standard for the type.  But for some reason the turrets were painted overall SCC.1A and the lobes were the lighter SCC.2.  That is why you see those light 'blobs' on the picture.  Sorry, I have images but cannot work out how to attach them.

48 minutes ago, Mike Starmer said:

Sorry, I have images but cannot work out how to attach them.

They need to be hosted somewhere online Mike, eg Flickr,  or another photohosting site, or even your own webspace, but you can't directly upload them.

HTH