F14 1:48 decals aftermarket

giuseppe

hi friends, Giuseppe from Italy.

I'm finishing an old Monogram 48   F14 Tomcat with a very poor decals set. I've opted out for a three colours scheme, low viz. I'm not able to find on the market some decent decals sheet. Can you suggest some maker? than k you

1 minute ago, Witness said:

I'd buy them? If they're the decals you want, then that's what they cost. If you can't afford them now, then start building and then buy them after next pay day? 

I wouldnt buy them even if I were rolling in It.

There have been many aftermarket sheets for the Tomcat, a few are still in production (fightertown is one of the best), others are OOP, like Aeromaster, Eagle Strike and many old Superscale sheets.

Now as you're building the Monogram kit this represents a relatively early Tomcat and these were somewhat modifed externally in the early '90s, mainly with the introduction of a different gun gas vent system, resulting in the adoption of the NACA style vent of the B and D instead of the original grilles style. This means that many decal sheets would not be of use as represent aircraft in service at much later dates. Still, there's enough choice of Tomcat decals out there...

Furball offers a few sheets, with aircraft from VF-111 and VF-21 suitable for the Monogram kit

FCM also offers VF-111 aircraft in three-grey schemes and their sheets are a bit cheaper.

Alternatively it's a matter of searching for out of production sheets. Names that it's worth checking are as said Aeromaster, Eagle Strike, Micro/Superscale, CAM, Afterburner. QUality within these sheets varies, superscale decals were not the very best, Aeromaster and Eagle Strike sometime are not too accurate, in any case there are plenty of choices around

• Thanks 1