1/72 Academy B-29 Superfortress

DJJunis

Hi All,

Decided to work on something that has been on the shelf for several years before starting on the C-47 STGB. So here is my 1/72 scale

Academy B-29 Superfortress.  The kit is really very good just time consuming in terms of doing the interior and of course the natural metal finish. 

The only part that was a little ambiguous was the engine nacelle placement on the wings...I actually did some measuring  to make sure they were equal. 

I only used some filler strips on the flaps...they were not the best fit on the wings. I primed the fuselage with Tamiya Gloss Black and the natural metal is Vallejo. So onto the pictures.

As always any comments are appreciated,

All the Best!

Don

HJ1imdA.jpg

uXY0mzI.jpg

A4SC3FX.jpg

ZtFCqb6.jpg

EirPvqz.jpg

Edited by DJJunis
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

Your bare metal work looks great Don. Are you using the kit decals for this one? Which aircraft will it be?

Hey Ray,

Thanks!  The Vallejo metal is really nice as long as the surface is smooth as glass like any other metal finish, dust it on in light coats. The gloss black really helps find any flaws. 

You know I have not decided yet to be honest. This is actually the Korean War version of the kit but I'm not crazy about those markings so I'll have to check my decal stash.

I really like the one below. I'll have to check if I have it. It will be all natural metal without the black bottom. 

All the Best!

Don

B-29Joltin.jpg

• Like 1

Hey Don,

looks like a nice nose art. I had a quick Google and see both KitsWorld and Warbird have released this sheet.

I have a couple of Academy B-29s to build, one will be the only VB-29 that flew, the other I am not sure about at this stage.

12 hours ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

Hey Don,

looks like a nice nose art. I had a quick Google and see both KitsWorld and Warbird have released this sheet.

I have a couple of Academy B-29s to build, one will be the only VB-29 that flew, the other I am not sure about at this stage.

Ray,

Thanks for the heads up on the decals...I think I have them but need to check. I have several sheets. I actually have 3 other standard bombers and the two atomic bombers. I have no idea where I'm going to put them when done but who cares about that right! Oh and I have a Monogram one also....I kind of like the B-29. LOL!  As far as the VB-29...everything looks good with a Sac sash right!

All the Best!

Don

• Like 1