VIRGIN ATLANTIC 1/144 Airbus a340-600 Braz Conversion

VIRGIN ATLANTIC 1/144 Airbus a340-600 Braz Conversion G-VRED 'Scarlet Lady' 

Kit: Revell a340-300

Conversion set: Braz

Decals:

1. Pas Decals (787-9) - Virgin titles, nose logo (Scarlet Lady) and tail logo.

2. 26 Decals (A340-300/A330-300) Winglet logos, AOA probes, Static Ports and various registrations

3. Draw Decal (A340-600 OLD LIVERY) Landing lights, 'Scarlet Lady' titles and wing reg. 

4. Authentic Airliners (A340-600) 3D cockpit windows, passenger windows and doors. 

Colours: 

1. Fuselage - 75% Revell gloss white + 25% Revell 371 satin light grey. AND Xtracolor MICA

2. Tail and Engines - decanted Tamiya TS18 Metallic Red

3 Wings - Revell 371 satin light grey. Coroguard is 95% Revell 371 satin light grey + 5% humbrol matt black

IvNSbgZ.jpg

3TmbiXS.jpg

Wwz8n7W.jpg

mVjmMj7.jpg

aX0DQZl.jpg

Kvy4hGF.jpg

S4bOLZt.jpg

EuBWc7u.jpg

tAOfyuA.jpg

Ue0SWng.jpg

zcVC6Fc.jpg

work in progress thread

Thanks for looking!

Phil

• Like 30
  • Thanks 2

Hooray! You finally finished! I know it's been a bit of a struggle at times but it looks superb, I bet you're glad to see the back of this one though Phil?! I know I was with mine.

Looks brilliant next to the 787 too.

Cheers,

Ian

• Like 2

As I said on the WIP thread, that's an amazing piece of work and all your hard graft has really paid off. Truly a model to be proud of.  :clap2:

I've never been a great fan of models on stands up till now but seeing the A346 formating on the Dreamliner is just brilliant.

Can't wait for your next project!

Dave G

• Like 1

I’m so pleased to see this went to a good home! 

You’ve got a beautiful result there - you just need an A330 and 744 to complete the fleet!

Tom

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Is the swear word filter still active? Because, despite how much my Mum told me not to, I really want to say how $%&!#@ing amazing that is!!

I enjoyed watching her come together and to see the Dreamliner alongside my favourite jet in my favourite livery is modelling nirvana!

Now, let's talk about commission work... ;)

• Like 1

a really brilliant A340-6 conversion build - nice to see once actually built up. I have the conversion kit with SA decals but will probably have to wait until I retire before attempting.

Having previously used Alcad II Candy colours for the Virgin red recently myself, that Tamiya metallic paint you have used works very well indeed

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2019 at 11:02 PM, Turbofan said:

Hooray! You finally finished! I know it's been a bit of a struggle at times but it looks superb, I bet you're glad to see the back of this one though Phil?! I know I was with mine.

Looks brilliant next to the 787 too.

Cheers,

Ian

sorry for very late reply ian, been very busy with non-modelling stuff! to be honest I thoroughly enjoyed this project and didn't encounter as many problems as I though I might. The only issue was the engines that took up as much time as the rest of the model (could have done with a crisp decal for the panels on the pylons instead of painstakingly trying to spray/brush them) 

thanks again mate

phil 

On 1/30/2019 at 11:13 PM, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

I agree with Ian, it looks superb and after I finish the 10 other airliners that I have started I will get into my A340-600 :D

You end up with such tidy builds and they all look great.

:thumbsup:

cheers ray, very kind comments. I can't wait to see you start your 600

phil

• Like 1

On 2/20/2019 at 9:34 PM, Mark said:

Is the swear word filter still active? Because, despite how much my Mum told me not to, I really want to say how $%&!#@ing amazing that is!!

I enjoyed watching her come together and to see the Dreamliner alongside my favourite jet in my favourite livery is modelling nirvana!

Now, let's talk about commission work... ;)

cheers mark, really appreciate that - never intended to repeat the livery after the dreamliner but when i got the conversion kit I was obviously limited to the amount of liveries I could choose from. I also wanted to do (as always) a model that not many people will own so that's why i opted for the latest virgin and just nicking the decals from the 787/a330 that were available. 

currently I'm doing a a350-900 to 1000 conversion (before zvezda release theirs) .......hmmm virgin atlantic? possibly!

commission work??? sounds like a modelers dream 😀

phil

On 2/1/2019 at 8:43 AM, tomprobert said:

I’m so pleased to see this went to a good home! 

You’ve got a beautiful result there - you just need an A330 and 744 to complete the fleet!

Tom

tom - as a famous line out of topgun was once said - 'don't tease me' 😂

would love to do a 747 one day

cheers mate!

phil