Are there any A43 Black Prince 1/35 tank kits or conversions?

daldroflas

The title says it all really!

Are there any A43 Black Prince 1/35 tank kits or conversions?

I thought I remembered seeing a resin kit at one time but nothing shows up when I Google.

It looks interesting even though it was a dead end of development and a bit under powered by some accounts.

The Resicast one seems to have a cast turret, but the Bovvy prototype has what look like welded plates :hmmm: There's also no mention of the changes to the hull.

International Models Asia have one on their website, but it says to contact them as there are no details or price given.

Edited by Phil Evans

There were only 6 prototypes built.  Bovington has No4.  Someone (Cadmans?) was attempting to restore a recovered range hulk: little prospect, I suggest.  Not sure that any had a fully-cast turret.  Nos 1, 3 and 4 certainly didn't.  I believe that, like the contemporary Centurion and Comet, all the Black Prince turrets had cast fronts with the rest fabricated from plate.  It was a turret design derived from the Comet and proposed for the Centurion but not adopted for it.  The MkI Cent had a broadly similar turret but with sloped sides and a somewhat narrower front.

Had Black Prince been built in quantity it would have shared the production Centurion turret, which became fully-cast in the MkII, but none were ever actually fitted with it.  Is that perhaps what Resicast kitted?  The hull was of course some 10" wider than Churchill to accommodate the bigger turret ring necessary for a turret able to take the 17pdr gun. 

But of course it was a tank behind its time when the Centurion proved to be ahead of its time, just as lethal, just as well protected and a lot more mobile.

I don't know anyone who has ever built an IMA kit.