Hawker Hunter F.Mk.5, Academy 1/48

Good old Academy kit, converted to Mk.5 version (because I love the 34 Squadron markings) - straight wing leading edge, fuselage vents configuration, reshaped tail cone, speedbrake etc. . Added some goodies - SBS detail set, Eduard flaps, Maestro canopy, Aeromaster and DACO decals.

Thanks for looking:)

Andrew

05.jpg

18.jpg

17.jpg

10.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

26.jpg

28.jpg

30.jpg

• Like 63

'Wolf Wishes, Wolf Flies' eh? Those are probably my favourite Hunter markings as well - from when I first saw them on the inside cover of Fighting Colours by MJF Bowyer. I have a couple of Italeri/Academy kits. Did you do a build thread anywhere? The fuselage vent issues are what I would like to get nailed - maybe I need to re-read my Hunter MDF?

Great stuff

Simon

Great job.  Just proves that with a little work that shouldn't be beyond the skills of most of us, the Academy kit builds up very nicely.  I've got one on the shelf with some elements of the Flightpath set, Cutting Edge cockpit etc. that, even with the new Airfix kit in the stash, I can't bare to part with.  I even went to the trouble of repairing it when the u/c got wrecked a few weeks ago!

Edited by Graham T

On 1/31/2019 at 12:26 AM, Simon Cornes said:

'Wolf Wishes, Wolf Flies' eh? Those are probably my favourite Hunter markings as well - from when I first saw them on the inside cover of Fighting Colours by MJF Bowyer. I have a couple of Italeri/Academy kits. Did you do a build thread anywhere? The fuselage vent issues are what I would like to get nailed - maybe I need to re-read my Hunter MDF?

Great stuff

Simon

Here is the build thread - czech language only, sorry.

Thank you for your comments!