Nuremberg Toy Fair - Spielwarenmesse 2019 - links

Homebee

Nuremberg Toy Fair or Spielwarenmesse 2019 open tomorrow.

This year edition will mark the 70th anniversary of the event and is open from 30 January to 3 February.

Here are the first model kits pics from Scale Navy Stuff facebook 

https://www.facebook.com/scalenavystuff/posts/2145939562096277

Expect more news and pics in the next days on World in Scale (link), IPMS Germany (link), Modellversium (link), Detail Scale View (link) etc.

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

11 hours ago, janneman36 said:

Bow is completely wrong...😂....

No to be honest that should be impressive...👍 can’t wait what to see next..

The bow actually does look wrong. It appears to have too much forward rake and not enough longitudinal sheer. I really hope I'm wrong because I was looking forward to getting this kit.  In this view, the bow looks more reminiscent of those seen on the Queen Mary and Queen Elizabeth than the more upright bow seen on the Olympic class

HB_Trumpeter_VH_02.jpg

SS_Olympic_-_1934.jpg

HB_Trumpeter_VH_01.jpg

98-201310816623_540x360.jpg

Edited by VMA131Marine

14 hours ago, VMA131Marine said:

The bow actually does look wrong. It appears to have too much forward rake and not enough longitudinal sheer. I really hope I'm wrong because I was looking forward to getting this kit.  In this view, the bow looks more reminiscent of those seen on the Queen Mary and Queen Elizabeth than the more upright bow seen on the Olympic class

That bow doesn't seem to match the pics at all... Think I'll be sticking with my Minicraft 1/350 kit of the Titanic! Lord knows where I'd put a 1/200 let alone trying to hide it from "her indoors"! 😂

And still no sign of Trumpeter's 1/350 Rodney/Nelson 🤔 They've been in the catalogue for a few years now but still no sign of them 🙄

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, RussellE said:

That bow doesn't seem to match the pics at all... Think I'll be sticking with my Minicraft 1/350 kit of the Titanic! Lord knows where I'd put a 1/200 let alone trying to hide it from "her indoors"! 😂

And still no sign of Trumpeter's 1/350 Rodney/Nelson 🤔 They've been in the catalogue for a few years now but still no sign of them 🙄

Much the same with their 1/700 HMS Belfast it seems. 😑

Anyone on location who could ask them about these perhaps?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RussellE said:

Here's build-up of the Minicraft kit

minicraft-rms-titanic-centennial_1_e06cb

Here's the Academy 1/400 kit

acy14226.jpg?v=1542951767

The Academy has a significant error as it is missing the upward kink in the keel over the first 50-75 feet of the bow

The kink is quite obvious here:

Olympic-Dry-Dock-Sthampton-20s.jpg

And here's the Revell 1/400 model

maxresdefault.jpg