LVG C.VI - KP 1/72nd, injected, civil "kabine" conversion

Kabine conversion, anyone?

LVG+VI+rev.jpg

I am always on the lookout for mainstream or arcane models that can be converted to civil variants.

The combination of historical significance and aesthetics provides already a field: the post WWI conversions of machines by demilitarization and some simple adjustments or addenda for the new role, sometimes in the guise of "put on" passenger cabins.

IMG_7197+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

IMG_7198+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

IMG_7199+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

Considering what I sometimes embark on, this kit is a true delight:

IMG_7200+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

IMG_7201+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

IMG_7202+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

IMG_7203+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

IMG_7204+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

IMG_7205+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

It is not a matter of slapping a cabin on, you have to do your homework to pick up other details that usually change, and then work on the alternate decoration.

To me, there is a lot of satisfaction involved in changing a machine to more civilized roles, like passenger transport and such.

The new KP kit looks certainly good, like the recently built Avia B.H.11.

The detail is good, the instructions are good, the molding is clean and the subject has potential for many civil post-war conversions. Plus the price is fair. No photo-etched pars are included but some alternate parts are included (for the spares bin 😉
Dear friend, modeler and patterner extraordinaire Matías Hagen from Argentina, made this resin Benz IV, which is a beautiful, accurate and clean cast. The kit's engine is quite OK, but this is certainly better in my eyes, and what I will be using:

IMG_7231+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

The other side:

IMG_7232+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

The kit's engine, again, pretty fair, and Matias':

IMG_7234+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

The other side:

IMG_7235+%25281280x958%2529.jpg

• Like 13

Budge up, there's just about enough room in this dainty little cabin. How many horses pull this coach?

It really looks as if a stagecoach, albeit a small one, has been inserted into the fuselage. I like it!

Jeff

• Haha 1

Hello Moa,

Amazingly enough, when I read civilian Kabine conversion on a LVG....

My first thought was "That must be a Moa's build" Aaaaand Bingo !!

Congratuations my friend, you're more than productive !!

I'll tag along !

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A note: in fact the drawing at the beginning with that "faceted" cabin is a Raab Katzenstein RK.8-built C.VI (D-1216) described almost invariably as an LVG.
It is the one of  three cabin civil conversions -that I am aware of. 

The civil LVG C.VIs, (called P.I and P.II), came in one instance with two windows and in another with 3 windows (the one I intend to build).

• Like 1

"-What do you think, doctor, I believe the incision on the patient should be done following the natural panel lines."
"-I concur, doctor"

ben+casey.jpg

(sounds somewhat stressful/worrying music in the background)

IMG_1987+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

(the music now conveys relief and success)

IMG_1988+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

"-I deem the surgery a success, doctor."
"-Yes, doctor, with a diet of more styrene and liquid cement all shall go well."

Edited by Moa
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Moa said:

I hereby declare this kit to be a Wonder of the Modeling Universe and so far a Pleasure to Work With:

It was a co-production with Ardpol in Poland, who provided the patterns, which are a cut above the usual AZ/KP fare.....

• Like 2

Those parts photos look lovely. I'm not one for such early birds but Lithuania gained a few after the Polish Civil war that look pretty nice, so I may just have to pick one up to go with the Brengun S.16, which is also a superb kit, only lacking in soft detailing on the engine vents and too shallow locating pins.

I'll tag along for this one, if you don't mind.

Best of luck,

Tweener

• Like 1

From the inexhaustible passion... to escape the reality of the country where I live 

I thought California was a particularly nice part of the world. I might add the last time I was there was 2007 and southern California (San Diego to be precise) Having spent a year there in 1998. I must admit that the Bush era most definitely had many (to a foreigner anyway) unsettling effects on the place and I can't imagine how you're doing under the current regime. (surely they couldn't be worse than our lot ?) 

Oh and I really do  Like the LVG, might even consider the civilian version if I ever get to adding one to my collection. I

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Marklo said:

I thought California was a particularly nice part of the world.

It is. I said "country", not state. 😉

1 hour ago, Marklo said:

Oh and I really do  Like the LVG, might even consider the civilian version

They are beautiful, colorful and there were many with open cockpits, like the kit, no need to fabricate anything, just add other decals.