Bobcat 1/48 Yak-28PP "Brewer-E"

Calling this one done, even though I have still have to paint the wingtip lights, and I might add the chaff launchers of which I just recovered a part that was lost.

It's the Bobcat Yak-28PP, done as blue 45, OOB. A very enjoyable kit with lots of nice detail and good fit. Painted with various shades and mixes of Vallejo Metal Color.

qF50EsF.jpg

qZuPT9q.jpg

H8ud0UT.jpg

vnQPOhk.jpg

Thanks for looking!

• Like 40

Nice job and an excellent finish.

Did it go together without major problems , have one in the stash although when I get round to it I think I will take the easy way and camouflage it?

8 minutes ago, Des said:

Nice job and an excellent finish.

Did it go together without major problems , have one in the stash although when I get round to it I think I will take the easy way and camouflage it?

Yes, didn't have much trouble with the fit. Take care with the nacelles, you might have to do some trimming to get them on the wings.

Not sure how 7 different colors is "the easy way" :o

23 hours ago, Creepy Pete said:

Yes, didn't have much trouble with the fit. Take care with the nacelles, you might have to do some trimming to get them on the wings.

Not sure how 7 different colors is "the easy way" :o

Thanks for the heads up on the nacelles.

As a very much set in my ways brush painter my successes with metal finishes have been few and far between , thought I had perfected a system a couple of years back but after what I considered a couple of good results (by my previous standards) I failed again hence my preference for 'easy' camo schemes but again congratulations on your work here.

10 hours ago, Creepy Pete said:

Yes, there's some decent detail in the front section. Of course you could add loads more and have the top hatch open, if you wish. I didn't take that many pics during the build, but here are a few that show it somewhat.

Excellent, that's a lot more than I was expecting.