Hasegawa 1/72 FW190D

The second finish of 2019: Hasegawa's near thirty year old 190 D? : Kit was bought at the Telford 2018 kitswap for £7 with frazzled decals and old style Eduard masks. Skys decals were used along with Mr Paint/Mr Color paints - main markings were masked and sprayed to avoid silvering issues. Some artistic license was used for the camo as the colours were a bit garish at first, but its done and in the cabinet, not my best but good practice nonetheless.  The Hasegawa kit is an absolute honey, beautiful fit, thoughtfully engineered and lovely subtle detailing , if you have one in the stash, do yourself a favour and build it! I've bought two new kits so pleased that two were removed from the stash by the end of January-my resolution not buy anything till I finish an equivalent. WIP at:

porttop.JPG

pit.JPG

lightpitot.JPG

headon.JPG

stbdprofile.JPG

stbd1.JPG

flypast.jpg

With the Airfix 1/72 FW190 from last year:

antondora.JPG

port1.JPG

• Like 27

15 hours ago, Courageous said:

:goodjob:

I'll have to try and remember to try you magnet mounting system. I was going to do it on my current Vampire build but forgot :doh:.

Stuart

Cheers Stuart Remember to dry fit and check the magnet position or gravity will do its thang!

1 hour ago, Kitchen Modeller said:

Great work there. Nice to see a Dora in flight. This kit looks nicer than the tamiya version. Might have to check it out 🙂

Cheers, the in flight mode needs a bit of hacking to do as you can see in the WIP: I've got the Tamiya and in terms of detail and shapes its a lot better but full of intricate fiddly interior bits-that said like most of the newer 1/72 Tamiya, the interior detail beats virtually anything in resin I've seen,

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, IanC said:

Very nice. I remember building that kit. The new tool Hasegawa 190s were well regarded.

Shame your Luftwaffe has such a pilot shortage though!

Cheers  and see here 🙂

44590309730_b08518b7f8_b.jpg&key=f40e9da

Re the kit, I've been picking up cheap ones here and there, certainly not worth the eye watering prices HG kits cost when they  wash up in the UK. Mind you this boxing is intriguing but why you would want a semi naked teenager figurine  as well is bit beyond me.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, azureglo said:

Cheers  and see here 🙂

44590309730_b08518b7f8_b.jpg&key=f40e9daRe the kit, I've been picking up cheap ones here and there, certainly not worth the eye watering prices HG kits cost when they  wash up in the UK. Mind you this boxing is intriguing but why you would want a semi naked teenager figurine  as well is bit beyond me.

I took the inspiration for my Hobby Boss 190D from that kit, and I also like the series (but would have stored the resin figure with the spare parts). I would have bought it had my local mail given me the envelope I've been waiting since December 2018.

Reasoning behind the characters being half naked? There's none.

Edited by Sturmovik
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, azureglo said:

Cheers  and see here 🙂

44590309730_b08518b7f8_b.jpg&key=f40e9da

Re the kit, I've been picking up cheap ones here and there, certainly not worth the eye watering prices HG kits cost when they  wash up in the UK. Mind you this boxing is intriguing but why you would want a semi naked teenager figurine  as well is bit beyond me.

Classic!

Lovely build and finish seriously well done.

I like to see the bus driver if the plane is in flight mode......Im sure any naked bits would be too small to be seen :)

I'm guessing that if you do things right the magnent mouting could work across different stand/heights/possibly flight angles???

2 hours ago, Winenut said:

Classic!

Lovely build and finish seriously well done.

I like to see the bus driver if the plane is in flight mode......Im sure any naked bits would be too small to be seen :)

I'm guessing that if you do things right the magnent mouting could work across different stand/heights/possibly flight angles???

These are all giveaway desktop models and all recipients have specifically asked not have "silly badly painted toy soldiers" in the cockpits but a bit of detail. Actually thats the way Corgi, Oxford Diecast et all do them and folk seem to buy them as quickly as they're made without the unoriginal and tediously repeated remarks about drones  etc. 

Re the mag mount, I'm experimenting in my Airfix build thread

over the next few months with posing: If you simply angle the rod, the model rotates randomly and in some cases, falls off!. I think a rod top mount plate and multiple magnets may be in order inspired by this:

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10111447