Messerschmitt...I mean Avia S-92, Olomouc, Moravia, 1950s...

15 minutes ago, John D.C. Masters said:

Indeed!  You are correct.

Woohoo! Got a kit and decals set aside to do one as well from seeing a drawing in a book my dad bought me when I was about 8 years old so be keen to see your one taking shape; is there a thread about it anywhere?

Edited by Col.

Sorry Col.  I'll post a RFI thread.  I am building it in the spaces on between the S-92...

It's actually not a great kit, which is funny because it is an AZ model kit (which usually build quite nicely) and yet seems to come from a different set of moulds.  In any case, a little paint, some throw pillows...it'll look the part.

• Like 2

Th landing gear and the front part of the engines are all on.  Now it is time for some decals.  According to the decal guide, the Czech version didn't have all the stencils that were on the German aircraft.

40063783693_de85e4bb6d_z_d.jpg

I have  left off the torque bar on the front nose-gear.  The photographs don't show it and Roman reminded me that later models had a shimmy damper instead.  

32087118137_784a651c5b_z_d.jpg

--John

• Like 5

You're cracking through this one at a good pace John and the lack of such extensive stencils will help keep your speed up. Time to pick your next project soon ;) 

7 hours ago, Col. said:

next project

HaHa!  Yes....thanks Col.  I woke up this morning thinking, "Albanian Mig-15"...

I'm almost there.  Just a few bits left.

47033845811_3b6572c3cd_z_d.jpg

Edited by John D.C. Masters
picture...
  • Like 8

Thanks Steve.  I must always remember that the need for putty may indeed be due to my fumbling about, not a manufacturering error.  :banghead:

I like the S-92 look too!  Utilitarian...a People's Worker's Party early jet fighter...properly pinko. 😉  None of that fancy German mottling or whatnot...

I have the decals for the two-seater. I may have to build that eventually so I have the pair.  I'll finish this one up tonight.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, John D.C. Masters said:

HaHa!  Yes....thanks Col.  I woke up this morning thinking, "Albanian Mig-15"...

I'm almost there.  Just a few bits left.

That sounds as good as your S-92 is looking :speak_cool: