Italeri 2019 catalog - "new" (reissue, repop, rebox etc.) in 2019

Homebee

The Fujimi MiG-21 is sure a more modern kit than the Esci Alpha Jet, however... again €26 from their shop is a bit steep for a 1/72 MiG-21. The more accurate Zvezda Bis can be found for €15-17 while the superior Eduard MF comes at around €1719 for the Weekend Edition and €24-25 in Proficpack form...  I don't really know if I'd buy the Italeri offering at that price. And I don't want to think of the price they may ask for the Phantom when it's issued...

4 hours ago, Homebee said:

1/48th - ref. 2796 — Dassault/Dornier Alpha Jet A/E + Super Decal

Source: https://www.italeri.com/prodotto/2856

No doubt permitted... The vintage ESCI kit.

tVBHHpIgEIfUk5x8pLGYTjZQWkNuDgpGyIwvSM1b

IB443AHnXtq5nPd6QmzfEQhcm3r2ZwtUD6t1hqkE

wV7nnobns8E3GZgD6yUjmCaP0V1QpYnIG09WjfCC

EeDvvKgBNtKzGHP5Jf5fSJ9w6cujZ9si5hOxyVJU

lIfjRkQaopcDDpLYWNGnjdGdXje3y7IXarveArfk

sU8FdhBULr6Ncl34jEe0oBY775TxXrLBlC1WDnDA

cMxKqBATpBwyz6a21xEJ3zlylcWJ57aRVKZ4C58T

HCxbeve5fxWH30NTuXrxZkFLr3t9WtjHnGdp6BAe

7uR6JAgaIPOi2y4dZRwoDrcxE7fOhLPaL29zc0bM

V.P.

I think Italeri should consider going into just strictly aftermarket decal sheets , i'd buy the decal sheet to use on the kinetic kit, i just don't want the useless italeri plastic .

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 9/13/2019 at 10:45 AM, Filler said:

I wondered if it might be the Kinetic kit given Italeri have re-boxed 8 of their kits in the past, although it was pointed out to me in no uncertain terms that this was a long time in the past - 2009 to 2012. And on that basis it will be the ESCI kit with a brilliant decal sheet. So a (great) decal sheet that costs £29.99 and comes with some plastic that nobody wants. Anyway, not too long to find out as it will be released according to Wonderland Models on the 15th September or WheelsSpin Models and Hobbies on October 10th.

Not sure it's good to quote yourself but, I think that I hit the nail on the head with this.

I'd just bought the Kinetic kit for £20 inc p&p on ebay. So still a tenner left to put towards the Caracal decals I'm interested in which is good for a BAF aircraft, but this Italeri kit is a much cheaper alternative to either finding a Wingman boxing or the Kinetic plus Wingman decals if you want a Luftwaffe Alpha Jet.

Out of interest, raised panel lines aside, just how poor is the ESCI kit?

17 hours ago, Homebee said:

Next in line

Source: https://nowosci.plastikowe.pl/aktualnosci/zapowiedzi-italeri-pazdziernik-2019/ 

1/72nd - ref. 1434 — McDonnell Douglas FG.1 Phantom II + Super Decal (plastic Fujimi)

1434-00-1.jpg

Hope that the box-art is a mock-up and not one of the 'Super Decal' options , good to see the Fujimi UK Phantoms making a reappearance with all their thirty year old fine detail that has yet to be bettered.

• Like 4

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 6:10 PM, Des said:

Setting the captions aside it looks like XV741 had extended ferry wingtips and finned droptanks for the Transatlantic Race from looking at some photos of the actual aircraft.

I should have the extended ferry wing tips and early drop tank fins on sale at Telford as an update set for the Italeri kit.     

Colin

Edited by Colin @ Freightdog Models
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Robert said:

Hope we see the Phantom at Telford.

Regards

Robert

Likewise but I don't want to get my hopes up too much, just in case. At least it should be easier to find than a Fujimi example in the years to come. I want to pick one up just to compare it to the Airfix Phantom, but I'm not going to walk by other kits to get one, so if it is at Telford I might have to wait until the end of the day and see if I've still got any cash left.

according to wonderland unlikely to be out in time for telford, likewise same RRP as the airfix, I hoped it would be cheaper but forgot italeri's silly pricing, so I won't be picking one up https://www.wonderlandmodels.com/products/italeri-172-phantom-ii-fg1-model-kit/?exchange_rate=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIiaaB-t3I5QIVGeDtCh1XawDFEAYYASABEgLqR_D_BwE

The Fujimi Phantom mouldings look as sharp as they did when first produced; just a shame they have said it’s an F-4M when it should be K. Same price as the Airfix one, well that is a bargain as it is a better kit all round. I am just trying to work out what is missing from the bottom left on the first spruce.

12 minutes ago, iainpeden said:

The Fujimi Phantom mouldings look as sharp as they did when first produced; just a shame they have said it’s an F-4M when it should be K. Same price as the Airfix one, well that is a bargain as it is a better kit all round. I am just trying to work out what is missing from the bottom left on the first spruce.

FGR.2 tailplane. 

The Phantom box art that has to be one of the best examples that I have seen in ages. It is absolutely beautiful. 

I bought the Fujimi kit from RS Models in Cambridge  in my last year at school around my 18th birthday -  I was 50 in February. Time flies - never thought that it would happen to me. 

Will

• Like 3

On 10/4/2019 at 2:21 PM, Filler said:

Not sure it's good to quote yourself but, I think that I hit the nail on the head with this.

I'd just bought the Kinetic kit for £20 inc p&p on ebay. So still a tenner left to put towards the Caracal decals I'm interested in which is good for a BAF aircraft, but this Italeri kit is a much cheaper alternative to either finding a Wingman boxing or the Kinetic plus Wingman decals if you want a Luftwaffe Alpha Jet.

Out of interest, raised panel lines aside, just how poor is the ESCI kit?

Build it! But do not expect Wonders in fit and details! Looks like an Alphabet, yes.

You will have spare decals if you also buy a Kinetic one! The Patrouille de France boxing are cheap sometimes!

4 hours ago, PhantomBigStu said:

according to wonderland unlikely to be out in time for telford, likewise same RRP as the airfix, I hoped it would be cheaper but forgot italeri's silly pricing, so I won't be picking one up https://www.wonderlandmodels.com/products/italeri-172-phantom-ii-fg1-model-kit/?exchange_rate=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIiaaB-t3I5QIVGeDtCh1XawDFEAYYASABEgLqR_D_BwE

It's cheaper than I thought, but they weren't going to put it greatly lower than airfix as they will have seen how that goes.

Got to say the decal sheet looks poor - straight out the 80s, although the original Fujimi kit had better decals than that. The 892 diamond looks off (although not as bad as Xtradecal)

So poor decals, but better kit!

10 hours ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Fujimi UK Phantoms first released in 1987 but the closest Scale Aircraft Modelling magazine I have handy is from 1991 which has the FG.1 'Black Mike' Special on sale for 10.99 and FGR.2 for 8.99 , in comparison the Airfix Vulcan was 9.50.

12 hours ago, Scimitar F1 said:

The Phantom box art that has to be one of the best examples that I have seen in ages. It is absolutely beautiful. 

I have to agree with that, a superb bit of art work. I was not aware though thst these ever had the D roundels with the air superiority grey scheme, other than the retro 111 sqn scheme in the decal options. I'm not home just now to check my Fujimi kit but are those the same marking options as Fujimi, they look somewhat familiar?

Steve.