Jump to content

Italeri 2019 catalog - "new" (reissue, repop, rebox etc.) in 2019


Homebee
 Share

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, franky boy said:

Any news on a Starfighter in 1/48? A re box of the Hasegawa kit.

 

On the big H there's an AMI boxing been in future releases for a while now.

 

James

I was also wondering about that one!! 🙏🏻

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, MiG-Mech said:

Did anyone mention what the 1/72 surprise is ?

 

I live in hope for an AMX Ghibli.

 

Why Italeri hasn't released one yet remains one of the great modeling mysteries of today. 

 

Cheers,

 

Andre 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Hook said:

 

I live in hope for an AMX Ghibli.

 

Why Italeri hasn't released one yet remains one of the great modeling mysteries of today. 

 

Cheers,

 

Andre 

I couldn't agree more, most baffling!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Hook said:

 

I live in hope for an AMX Ghibli.

 

Why Italeri hasn't released one yet remains one of the great modeling mysteries of today. 

 

Cheers,

 

Andre 

They did list the AMX as a future release several years ago but like the 1/48 Navy Merlin it was dropped again and in many ways since then they seem to have put a lot of their efforts into re-releasing their own existing kits along with some re-boxed from other manufacturers with new decals.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Des said:

They did list the AMX as a future release several years ago but like the 1/48 Navy Merlin it was dropped again and in many ways since then they seem to have put a lot of their efforts into re-releasing their own existing kits along with some re-boxed from other manufacturers with new decals.

It's the cheapest option sadly ☹️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/5/2019 at 9:50 AM, Hook said:

 

I live in hope for an AMX Ghibli.

 

Why Italeri hasn't released one yet remains one of the great modeling mysteries of today. 

 

Cheers,

 

Andre 

 

It's a mistery only if looking at the subject with the eye of the enthusiast rather than that of someone who has to sell kits.

The AMX is not a particularly popular subject, a new 1/72 kit would attract some interest in Italy, some in Brasil and a little in the rest of the world. In the end the number of modellers really interested in such subject would not be enough to guarantee a proper return on the investment.

Italeri announced a 1/48 kit a few years ago but this was supposed to be a rebox of the Kinetic kit. According to local rumours, the two companies didn't reach an agreement so Italeri never issued the kit.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Giorgio N said:

 

It's a mistery only if looking at the subject with the eye of the enthusiast rather than that of someone who has to sell kits.

The AMX is not a particularly popular subject, a new 1/72 kit would attract some interest in Italy, some in Brasil and a little in the rest of the world. In the end the number of modellers really interested in such subject would not be enough to guarantee a proper return on the investment.

Italeri announced a 1/48 kit a few years ago but this was supposed to be a rebox of the Kinetic kit. According to local rumours, the two companies didn't reach an agreement so Italeri never issued the kit.

 

Is making a proper return of the investment the only thing about making kits today? Is thats why Italeri seems to produce kits these days that isn't clear for production compared to the older quality kits they made thirty years ago? Would they even think of making kits like Me 323 Gigant today?

 

/André

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Andre B said:

 

Is making a proper return of the investment the only thing about making kits today?

 

That's what making kits for mainstream companies is always been about... them and every other company in the world, regardless of the final product, from pens to cars, ships and aircraft.

 

2 hours ago, Andre B said:

 

Is thats why Italeri seems to produce kits these days that isn't clear for production compared to the older quality kits they made thirty years ago? Would they even think of making kits like Me 323 Gigant today?

 

/André

 

Maybe they would still think of the Gigant, but they would likely not do some other kits from the same era...

I still remember an article I read around 1984-85, reviewing IIRC the Esci F-16. The author was Enzo Maio, an artist and modeller, well known for the boxarts of many Esci and Italeri kits, so someone who was in strict contact with the plastic model industry. He closed the article saying something like "the truth is that the vast majority of modellers today want F-16s, Phantoms and Tomcats, plus the classics like the Spitfire and Bf-109. If companies listen the old hardliners at the modelling clubs who say "let's have a breda Pensuti, let's have the Alcione", then they'll find themselves with the warehouse full of M13/40 and Z.501 that nobody buys".. guess who had the latter in their catalogue ?

 

A couple years later Italeri started issuing a lot of new kits every year, covering all modern US types, the same that modellers could see on the news or flying at airshows. Later they covered all the main classics, and many of these kits are still in Italeri catalogue after 30 years...

 

I am often very critical of Italeri for their lack of consistent quality and other choices, however I'm the first to recognize that if the Company is today the only European manufacturer from the '70s that is still around with the same original owners, then they must have done something right over these years.

Edited by Giorgio N
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Giorgio N said:

I am often very critical of Italeri for their lack of consistent quality and other choices, however I'm the first to recognize that if the Company is today the only European manufacturer from the '70s that is still around with the same original owners, then they must have done something right over these years.

I must admit that I didn't know that. Something for Italeri to be proud of I think!

 

Steve

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
19 minutes ago, Homebee said:

1/72nd - ref. 35104 - Junkers Ju-88A-4

Source: https://www.italeri.com/prodotto/2827

 

yvfESnUojQ1waZbK2jfaLbMenZ99pih6QqOBYZyh

 

V.P.

Being a War Thunder player, i’d love to get this, but there is no point - The codes don’t work for PS4 or Xbox One players and the premiums are literally the most basic in their relevant tech trees, can be bought for peanuts in game and are utterly useless. If they offered a code which covers all platforms and actually had something unique, like say a brand new camo for or new variant of the JU88 then it would be worth it. As it is, it’s pants and the war thunder decals with the kit are generic and not representative of the country-specific in game decals that you can jazz up the German tech tree with. 

 

While i’m ranting, we really need a P-51D / Mustang IV in the British tech tree, the Mustang III just gets minced in higher tier games. Oh and an SEAC P-47 for us too.... 

 

Anyway, nice model, nice idea, poor execution. 

 

Cheers,

  WV908

Edited by WV908
Words
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 9:01 AM, Giorgio N said:

 

That's what making kits for mainstream companies is always been about... them and every other company in the world, regardless of the final product, from pens to cars, ships and aircraft.

 

 

Maybe they would still think of the Gigant, but they would likely not do some other kits from the same era...

I still remember an article I read around 1984-85, reviewing IIRC the Esci F-16. The author was Enzo Maio, an artist and modeller, well known for the boxarts of many Esci and Italeri kits, so someone who was in strict contact with the plastic model industry. He closed the article saying something like "the truth is that the vast majority of modellers today want F-16s, Phantoms and Tomcats, plus the classics like the Spitfire and Bf-109. If companies listen the old hardliners at the modelling clubs who say "let's have a breda Pensuti, let's have the Alcione", then they'll find themselves with the warehouse full of M13/40 and Z.501 that nobody buys".. guess who had the latter in their catalogue ?

 

A couple years later Italeri started issuing a lot of new kits every year, covering all modern US types, the same that modellers could see on the news or flying at airshows. Later they covered all the main classics, and many of these kits are still in Italeri catalogue after 30 years...

 

I am often very critical of Italeri for their lack of consistent quality and other choices, however I'm the first to recognize that if the Company is today the only European manufacturer from the '70s that is still around with the same original owners, then they must have done something right over these years.

Good points. Well made.Have to agree with you there. I actually have the CANT Z.501!!. I am delighted with the Italeri reissues. They had many subjects which, to the best of my knowledge, have never been duplicated (at least in I M kit form ) by any other company. Kits like the Fiat BR.20, Caproni CA 313, FIAT G.222, Gotha GO 242/244 CANTZ.501, Junkers Ju86 D/E, Dornier DO-24 ,to name but a few. Actually, I'd love to see a reissue of the Me-323 Gigant!! I simply refuse to pay the silly prices asked for second hand examples. Long may they continue. My biggest gripe with Italeri is their somewhat inconsistent pricing policy

 

Allan

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Des said:

 

Looks like the old Esci F1 kit that Italeri revamped into an F1CT/CR a while back but with the addition of at least from first glance the large RPL-201 "Irakien' 2200 Litre ventral droptank.

 

That's the only change I can see . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/7/2019 at 11:24 PM, Des said:

 

Looks like the old Esci F1 kit that Italeri revamped into an F1CT/CR a while back but with the addition of at least from first glance the large RPL-201 "Irakien' 2200 Litre ventral droptank.

I personally doubt they will add the large drop tank... But I hope to be wrong of course! Despite the misshapen windshield and the lack of detail in some places, I prefer this kit to the Kitty Hawk.

 

A “last reedition” of the ESCI kit before Kinetic brings out their (hopefully definite 🙏🏻) version of the F1??

 

G

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, guillaume320 said:
7 hours ago, guillaume320 said:

I personally doubt they will add the large drop tank... But I hope to be wrong of course!

 

 

Congratulations your hope has been fulfilled , see image 6 on the link provided above which shows the parts on either side of the fuselage halves - https://www.italeri.com/prodotto/2819 - it is why I made my comment in the first place.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Excellent news, not so sure about the €40 price tag though. Might have to wait and see what price it actually sells for when it becomes available in the UK.

Cheers

Edited by chrisov
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I really like that Italeri brings out this final  French F1 kit!

And that they bothered to actually invest in the Iraqi tank!!!

I sure buy from me !

 :)

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, chrisov said:

Excellent news, not so sure about the €40 price tag though. Might have to wait and see what price it actually sells for when it becomes available in the UK.

Cheers

UK RRP is scheduled to be £39.99

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Was going to get one but 40 quid is far too much for the addition of a big fuel tank. I've still got several Esci and Italeri boxings in the stash so I'll give it a miss.

 

Paul Harrison

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wow, that is rather pricey. I bought a 2002 edition in March on eBay for £11.40 and having searched my emails, I've found a couple more 2002's that I'd added to my watch list and they went for £10.50 and £11 and there's one on now that at 0.99p with a single bid. So they're not exactly in Airfix Buccaneer demand and you're more or less paying £30 for a drop tank and some more recent decals. Could they possibly have gone to town and cleaned up the tool to make much crisper moulds? Still not sure that'd be worth the price. Though I wouldn't be surprised to see them going for nearer the £30 mark when they hit the online 'shelves'.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Filler said:

. . . . .  you're more or less paying £30 for a drop tank and some more recent decals. . . . . . 

I already had a couple of the original F1CR/CT in the stash when I picked up a tank from L'Arsenal for around 8 euros with very reasonable shipping to the UK  -  http://www.larsenal.com/1-48-2200l-external-belly-tank-for-mirage-f-1-c2x15950999  -  lots of other Mirage F1 pods and bits on their site as well although anyone wanting the final scheme decals if/when they become available as an aftermarket item might find that the price difference is drastically reduced.

Edited by Des
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...