Italeri 2019 catalog - "new" (reissue, repop, rebox etc.) in 2019

Homebee

On 11/1/2019 at 9:51 AM, PhantomBigStu said:

likewise same RRP as the airfix, I hoped it would be cheaper but forgot italeri's silly pricing, so I won't be picking one up

The pricing is actually pretty reasonable (especially by Italeri's recent standards), this has never been a cheap kit.

Jadlam is the cheapest I can find it and undercuts Airfix sufficiently my for me, not that it makes any difference to which kit I will be buying in numbers!

Decals look fine to me, lacking in stencil data a bit, but I can live with that!

Edited by 71chally
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Meatbox8 said:

43th Squadron. Interesting.

1 hour ago, sniperUK said:

Not really only 111 and 43 used the FG. 1 and the Airfix RAF FG. 1 has 43 as well. 

The point he's making is it's 43 Sqn, not 43th Squadron.

It's a common mistake made by manufacturers, not everyone follows the US convention.

• Like 1

I really can't get into the niffnaff of what things say on boxes, instructions or paint guides, and have to allow for various languages translations.

However for the initiated this is boxed as an F-4M FG.1.  In reality the F-4K is the FG.1 and the F-4M was the FGR.2.

I remember when these kits first came out, and they seemed like they came from the future compared with other manufacturers at the time.  I struggled to save up for them, but they were well worth it.

Now it is the future, and they are still damn fine kits!

Edited by 71chally
  • Like 5

14 hours ago, 71chally said:

I really can't get into the niffnaff of what things say on boxes, instructions or paint guides, and have to allow for various languages translations.

However for the initiated this is boxed as an F-4M FG.1.  In reality the F-4K is the FG.1 and the F-4M was the FGR.2.

Never mind that - how about decal option #3, "Version C. Royal Air Force XT860 892nd Squadron Fleet Air Arm"?

Some Senior Service folks are probably having fits right now. 

Cheers,

Andre

• Haha 2

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 8:54 AM, Tim T said:

Is the Hornet a rebox of the Kinetic kit?

Unlikely. The Kinetic kit gives you the option to fold the wings and display with everything hanging.

it also has a more comprehensive range or Ordnance. This looks very much like the original Italeri kit. Wont be bothering with the Phantom kit. The Airfix kit may be a bit over engineered but, for my money it's superior in just about every respect  to the somewhat geriatric (admittedly decent) Fujimi moulding. I expect  rivet counters won't agree.:whistle:

Allan

Edited by Albeback52

Very pleased to see after my post about the Phantom kit a couple of days ago, on Italeri's website, the early boxart images have morphed into the 111 sqn scheme as in the decals. That rather answers my query, at least this aircraft wore that scheme, though the 43 squadron aircraft is in a different scheme in  the Fujimi kit. :)

Steve.

Edited by stevehnz

Wish they had gone with the F-4K Fujimi kit as that still allows for 892 and 43 sqdn aircraft , but also the other FAA units and prototypes. The FG1 kit is on regular release from Fujimi themselves so would have been nice to see the Other F-4k kit without the RWR. The same goes for the F-4M/FGR2 as that could cover the various early and late RAF units and schemes, but is RAF only.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Expected in December 2019 a re-edition in a combined boxing from the vintage ESCI "Flogger" kits (MiG-23S link & MiG-27 link )  : 1/48th - MiG-23MF + 23BN with new "super" decals - ref. 2798 

Source: https://nowosci.plastikowe.pl/aktualnosci/zapowiedzi-italeri-listopad-2019/

Box art

2798-00.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

20 minutes ago, exdraken said:

incredlible, yes!

but the decals look nice!

I think that comes under the definition of 'Damning By Faint Praise' Werner :lol: In fact I'd be so bold as to say both of the Italeri -23 kits were worse than the Trumpeter equivalents when even the later kit is still far from an accurate rendition of the 'duck-nose' -23BN/27 series :( 

1 hour ago, Col. said:

I think that comes under the definition of 'Damning By Faint Praise' Werner :lol: In fact I'd be so bold as to say both of the Italeri -23 kits were worse than the Trumpeter equivalents when even the later kit is still far from an accurate rendition of the 'duck-nose' -23BN/27 series :( 

I totally re-did the the MiG-23MF once.... not too much left of the original shape....

7t5IIR8.jpg

somehwere here on BM :), probably photobucket infested..... :( 

and not close top perfect in any way.... just before the Trumpeter kit hit the market..... still to do one of those as of yet.....

the BN/ MiG-27 of ESCI / Italeri also need a new nose, just like the Trumpter one... but it also needs new fuselage, wings and everything else.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, exdraken said:

I totally re-did the the MiG-23MF once.... not too much left of the original shape....

7t5IIR8.jpg

somehwere here on BM :), probably photobucket infested..... :( 

and not close top perfect in any way.... just before the Trumpeter kit hit the market..... still to do one of those as of yet.....

Regardless of where you started your MiG-23MF turned out well.

20 minutes ago, exdraken said:

...the BN/ MiG-27 of ESCI / Italeri also need a new nose, just like the Trumpter one... but it also needs new fuselage, wings and everything else.....

Alas I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry at that final sentence. We really have been let down by the various attempts to kit the MiG-23BN/-27 series :(