Italeri 2019 catalog - "new" (reissue, repop, rebox etc.) in 2019

Homebee

8 hours ago, andyf117 said:

Agreed - but where on earth did they come up with that FS equivalent for RAF Blue-Grey? Not even close...

Always be wary of model brands with their own paint brands to push.

Unless you bellieve Italeri's claim that Bf109's had Light Ghost Gray undersurfaces. 😎

Cheers,

Andre

14 hours ago, andyf117 said:

Agreed - but where on earth did they come up with that FS equivalent for RAF Blue-Grey? Not even close...

....also, XZ578 was built new as a HAS.2 with six-bladed tail rotor (included in the plastic), but is captioned as a HAS.1 and shown with the five-blade rotor...

....in any case, the kit isn't correct for a Westland version - no third generator bulge, wrong style intake guard - why didn't they just do an Italian Navy option?

Maybe they thought Astrokit reboxes are still around and dumped the Italian option

or

Special edition with Italian decals will be announced for the next year releases

All I want to know is what kit it's ok for an HC4 with splinter camouflage and which one it's ok for a USN SAR version

Luigi

30 minutes ago, Silverkite said:

All I want to know is what kit it's ok for an HC4 with splinter camouflage and which one it's ok for a USN SAR version

The Airfix Sea King HC.4 is a nice little kit, the Fujimi / Italeri is correct for a US Navy bird.

Cheers,

Andre

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 71chally said:

Nice to see the R Navy option, decals aside is the kit good for a HAS.1?

Also, how this this kit stack up overall against newer molding kits?

As mentioned above, it lacks the bulge on the engine housing that's present on the side of the engine housing on Westland built aircraft. You could build it as an early HAS1 with metal rotor blades and no intake guard. It was always the best kit of the Sea King until the Revell (With it's too small sponsons and slightly off shapes) then Airfix (No rivet detail) kits came along

Interesting they've included the Westland and SH-3H bits in the box as well - anyone wanting to convert the Airfix kit to an SH-3H USN version might be looking to scrounge those parts.

An Argentine option would have been nice

• Like 1

It would of been very nice to have a 1/72 Command Module so that you could make a nice diorama.  Pretty much like the Corgi die-cast version.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Booty003 said:

It would of been very nice to have a 1/72 Command Module so that you could make a nice diorama. 

Yes, an opportunity missed there. If they'd added a CM, small diorama base and some figures, they could have done this:

USGS-02

Made some 18 years ago for the USGS Astrogeology Center here in Flagstaff, using the old Airfix kit and a RealSpace Models capsule. 

Edited by Paul Bradley
  • Like 5

I'm glad to see the 1/32 NATO pilots and ground crew set features in the 2019 catalogue. It's only been three years since it was announced... 

I'll believe it when I blimming well see it in a shop!

Cheers. 

Chris.  

16 hours ago, Booty003 said:

It would of been very nice to have a 1/72 Command Module so that you could make a nice diorama.  Pretty much like the Corgi die-cast version.

Dragon did a 1/72 CM as a component of some of their Apollo series kits. It would take some scratchbuilding to modify one to the splashed-down configuration.

• Like 1

On 7/9/2019 at 1:00 PM, Silverkite said:

Maybe they thought Astrokit reboxes are still around and dumped the Italian option

or

Special edition with Italian decals will be announced for the next year releases

Luigi

Thought Airfix kit was the old tooling and not a newer one, how come did I miss that 😕

Luigi

Edited by Silverkite

On 7/8/2019 at 10:09 PM, andyf117 said:

....also, XZ578 was built new as a HAS.2 with six-bladed tail rotor (included in the plastic), but is captioned as a HAS.1 and shown with the five-blade rotor...

....in any case, the kit isn't correct for a Westland version - no third generator bulge, wrong style intake guard - why didn't they just do an Italian Navy option?

Typical Italeri sloppy research. Guess that for some reason they wanted to offer a British machine and threw this one in. If they really wanted to add a British Sea King, they could have checked XV370 history, maybe this originally didn't have the bulge (maybe, I'm not sure about it as all pictures I've seen show the bulge).

Regarding an Italian Navy option, this would also have required changes to the mould and new parts: when originally used in the ASW role, these machines had various styles of radomes over the years, that were very visible and distinctive. Later, when the EH-101 took over the ASW role, the Sea Kings were modified for SAR and transport use, lost the radomes but in the meantime acquired a number of ECM systems, again quite visible.

On 7/16/2019 at 5:32 AM, Robertone139 said:

Still waiting for the HH-101 CSAR for the Italian Air Force.

It has been on that catalog for three years now.

Speaking of helis long in the catalogue, my birthday is 8/8 and the long-advertised 1/48 JetRanger reissue would be the perfect gift!

• Like 2

On 7/15/2019 at 6:32 PM, Robertone139 said:

Still waiting for the HH-101 CSAR for the Italian Air Force.

It has been on that catalog for three years now.

Me too!

9 hours ago, k5054nz said:

Speaking of helis long in the catalogue, my birthday is 8/8 and the long-advertised 1/48 JetRanger reissue would be the perfect gift!

Mine is 8/12, and I would welcome the JR too!!

• Like 1