Italeri 2019 catalog - "new" (reissue, repop, rebox etc.) in 2019

Homebee

Italeri have followed a debatable pricing policy for a good few years, with some of their kits constantly available at very good prices and others priced at the top end of the market. Personally I considered the money asked for the CR.32 as crazy while their SM.79 has always been a good deal. No idea how they choose the price for one or the other, I have a feeling that they may look at a certain subject and decide that it's the kind of kit that appeals to enthusiasts and then price it accordingly (we all know that enthusiasts sometime spend crazy money on plastic kits, right ?).

Regarding price increases across the range, I may add that taxation on businesses in Italy in the last years have kept increasing and really if a company want to make a profit they have to charge more and more... of courser the relative values of the Pound Sterling vs Euro also affects prices in the UK.

40 minutes ago, Giorgio N said:

Italeri have followed a debatable pricing policy for a good few years, with some of their kits constantly available at very good prices and others priced at the top end of the market. Personally I considered the money asked for the CR.32 as crazy while their SM.79 has always been a good deal. No idea how they choose the price for one or the other, I have a feeling that they may look at a certain subject and decide that it's the kind of kit that appeals to enthusiasts and then price it accordingly (we all know that enthusiasts sometime spend crazy money on plastic kits, right ?).

Regarding price increases across the range, I may add that taxation on businesses in Italy in the last years have kept increasing and really if a company want to make a profit they have to charge more and more... of courser the relative values of the Pound Sterling vs Euro also affects prices in the UK.

That's an interesting point Giorgio. I actually bought two of the SM-79 kits for about £15 each which is less than Airfix will charge for their ancient and vastly inferior kit. The reissued Junkers 86 is also round about the £25 mark. Not unreasonable in my view. However, I wonder if the "enthusiast" label is the one they attached to the G-222 and, C-27J Spartan kits? While I recently got hold of previously owned examples for about £28 each, the UK retail price new is round about £45. Too much for my wallet!

Allan

Edited by Albeback52

On 2/17/2019 at 10:15 AM, Wez said:

I'm not blaming the retailer however, Italeri need to seriously reconsider their pricing!

As the retailer are obliged to sell at the RRP as set by Italeri, they cannot be blamed. However, there are questions to be asked as to why they are stocking kits at inflated prices that they surely realize will not sell? 

My opinion might be tainted by the fact i am not in the market for much of what Italeri produce these days, and certainly not at the price recommended, but i just dont see the business sense. 

Arabest,

Geoff. 

1 hour ago, Jazzie said:

As the retailer are obliged to sell at the RRP as set by Italeri, they cannot be blamed. However, there are questions to be asked as to why they are stocking kits at inflated prices that they surely realize will not sell? 

They are not obliged, and in fact it's illegal in the UK

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/529969/RPM_60SS.pdf

• Like 1

Dave,

I know its easily done, but im confused!

According to your attachment, RPM is illegal, but following a manufacturers RRP is not? 

Arabest,

Geoff.

No, it’s not illegal for a shop to sell something at manufacturers RRP. It IS illegal for manufacturers to INSIST that something is sold at RRP, or to sanction a retailer who sells for less than RRP (ie by not letting them have any stock of the latest wonderkit)...

best,

M.

4 hours ago, Jazzie said:

I know one retailer who has stopped stocking them for exactly that reason. 

Most I paid for the Italeri Kfir was £3.99, but the other three were £2.99 or less. £20 is far too much for my wallet. Got a C-27J for £28 about two months after it was released but still haven't found a cheap G-222.

Paul Harrison

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Good to see Thai markings in the Harrier ! Price is IMHO a bit high but I can accept it, since the kit is still very nice I might get one.

However, I still feel that the width of the red lines used in the stencils is excessive, something that spoils the complete model. The size of stencils is a problem on most Italeri decal sheets, I hope they'll learn one day

On 4/7/2019 at 9:28 AM, Homebee said:

1/48th - ref. 2795 - Curtiss P-40 E/K Kittyhawk

WeWZhB2D9OxdHH61MRz6nPNi5b1BGjZ2gMD7q0nA

8X5zgrRM7BKihp3hg58IFWxBV5sWoUj7D2hbyKcK

xrtrkcay4WhGIBCdpcyigqJ3lvZd9zbeHi3zTv2e

KAaNinQw4LNg2bS5N2QkS1VKMICXutpa820GtJEs

Rnx4kES4LKyNYAOEHNeuEjlSSUlbECZ5NGKwMduY

pPZl9ndHXlOwA5eaMttOEPAamvj1VTRRel9kGKvq

6X1rizgpjjQafNCmhRHiE6N6NR7o8VHRd8ZhOO3k

V.P.

It's good to see some unusual schemes/theatres on this release. I can see myself getting one just because of that.....Heck No I WILL be strong. I will buy one ;)

3 hours ago, colin said:

According to Scalemates it's the old AMT/ERTL kit

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/italeri-2795-p-40-e-k-kittyhawk--1210778

10 hours ago, Robertone139 said:

Is that the old Mauve kit?

Mauve never did a short tail P-40E/K, only the long tail P-40M (Kittyhawk III) and P-40N (Kittyhawk IV). Now there isn't a lot of difference between a late P-40K with the long tail and a P-40M, which is why the M retained the Kittyhawk III designation.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Any news on a Starfighter in 1/48? A re box of the Hasegawa kit.

On the big H there's an AMI boxing been in future releases for a while now.

James