Italeri 2019 catalog - "new" (reissue, repop, rebox etc.) in 2019

Homebee

1 hour ago, Wez said:

A triumph of hope over reality.

Hehe... it would be a triumph if they just cleaned/enhanced up the tooling! A la cr.32 etc...

imho the kfir tool is past it: nose detail almost gone, prone to being warped (on the two examples ive unboxed)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Modelraynz said:

Hehe... it would be a triumph if they just cleaned/enhanced up the tooling! A la cr.32 etc...

imho the kfir tool is past it: nose detail almost gone, prone to being warped (on the two examples ive unboxed)

Even when new, the details were soft, the wings were lacking chord and suffered from sink marks, canopy was off (windscreen too long, canopy too shallow), a fat rear end, etc. 

With the AMK both superior in every aspect and cheaper than the latetst Italeri / RoG boxings, there's really no need to bother with the Italeri anymore. 

Cheers,

Andre

• Like 2

I like the Fokker F-27, but I do have to say that the 3 esci kits that I have, the major problem is that all three fueslages don't match up to the locator pins. Has anyone else had this problem? 

Seem to remember the engine nacelles on the F-27 are too small and there are some other problems too.

Paul Harrison

13 hours ago, GreenDragon said:

Seem to remember the engine nacelles on the F-27 are too small and there are some other problems too.

Paul Harrison

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234918874-esci-fokker-f27/

https://designer.home.xs4all.nl/models/f50/f50_engtxt.htm#ESCI

Edited by Dave Fleming
  • Like 2

On 2/14/2019 at 2:46 AM, GreenDragon said:

Airfix, the only other mainstream 1/72nd F27 model, has its own share of issues, but I consider it a bettter starting point than the Esci. 

Cheers,

Andre 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Hook said:

Airfix, the only other mainstream 1/72nd F27 model, has its own share of issues, but I consider it a bettter starting point than the Esci. 

Cheers,

Andre 

The only problem being of course that the Airfix kit is well nigh unobtainable - at least at a sensible price. Unless or until we get a brand new kit, I was kind of hoping the F-27 would appear in the Airfix Vintage Classics range. I still have one of the 2008 boxings but, I don't think its been seen since. I know there's a new 1/144 kit from Eastern Express but, I don't personally like 1/144 and, I certainly wouldn't pay the prices for what would be a pretty small model

Allan

Allan

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Albeback52 said:

The only problem being of course that the Airfix kit is well nigh unobtainable - at least at a sensible price.

Agreed. I managed to pick up a couple of the 2008 reissue, but te kit seems to have disappeared since then.

Cheers,

Andre

Well the Kfir is out and the BigH have it on sale at what I guess is the RRP of an eye watering £19.99, if it was available, you could get two of the vastly superior AMK kit for the same money from the same site.

I'm not blaming the retailer however, Italeri need to seriously reconsider their pricing!

Edited by Wez
speelung
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, Wez said:

Well the Kfir is out and the BigH have it on sale at what I guess is the RRP of an eye watering £19.99, if it was available, you could get two of the vastly superior AMK kit for the same money from the same site.

I'm not blaming the retailer however, Italeri need to seriously reconsider they're pricing!

Same happened with the ex-ESCI Harrier Gr3 a couple of years back. A slightly bigger box and a price hike to 19.99. In one shop I was in, they had the previous issue at 10.99 and the new one on the same shelves

57 minutes ago, Dave Fleming said:

Same happened with the ex-ESCI Harrier Gr3 a couple of years back. A slightly bigger box and a price hike to 19.99. In one shop I was in, they had the previous issue at 10.99 and the new one on the same shelves

1 hour ago, Wez said:

I'm not blaming the retailer however, Italeri need to seriously reconsider their pricing!

I for one am voting with my wallet on this one.

Cheers,

Andre

4 hours ago, Wez said:

I remember buying the F-21 Aggressor variant of this kit back in the 1980s for less than two pounds on my way home from a Friday early shift as a long weekend-off project before starting nightshift on the following Tuesday.     At that time Italeri had the reputation for offering cleanly moulded kits at more realistic prices than much of their competition but I suppose business got in the way , continued growth is everything and once you have grown into your market increased prices are the only way to keep growing.

Edited by Des

43 minutes ago, Des said:

...but I suppose business got in the way , continued growth is everything and once you have grown into your market increased prices are the only way to keep growing.

It could be the other way around. Less boxes are sold and management may increase retail price to maintain incomes to pay salaries, subcontractors, etc. Of course the increase has to be reasonable otherwise customers will vote "No" with their wallet.

1 minute ago, Laurent said:

It could be the other way around. Less boxes are sold and management may increase retail price to maintain incomes to pay salaries, subcontractors, etc. Of course the increase has to be reasonable otherwise customers will vote "No" with their wallet.

It's the old catch 22 situation, sales fall so you raise prices to maintain cash flow from the smaller market but the price rise deters more potential buyers, so more price rises are needed so price spirals out of control, i used to buy every airfix release before their price rises but now i rarely buy airfix because i can get much higher end kits for the same price, i really do think some of these companies are really slowly suffocating themselves by introducing unrealistic price rises but not increasing quality or continuing to release low quality items at the new inflated price  .

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Wez said:

Agreed, but with the proviso that the AMK kit isn't easy to get at the moment (I'm wondering if they only did a single production run, it's that scarce!) and the possibility that when it does re-appear the price will probably increase.

Mike,:hmmm:

16 hours ago, gavingav said:

It's the old catch 22 situation, sales fall so you raise prices to maintain cash flow from the smaller market but the price rise deters more potential buyers, so more price rises are needed so price spirals out of control, i used to buy every airfix release before their price rises but now i rarely buy airfix because i can get much higher end kits for the same price, i really do think some of these companies are really slowly suffocating themselves by introducing unrealistic price rises but not increasing quality or continuing to release low quality items at the new inflated price  .

I'm inclined to agree with you. Airfix is rapidly pricing itself out of my market with its new releases although, to be fair, they are not the only ones with huge price hikes. I buy most of my Airfix kits second hand now. Either that or wait a few months for prices to drop to more reasonable levels. Most of my Airfix purchases this year will be the Vintage Classics. Getting back on track, Italeri is another case in point. I don't know where they think they are going with their price structure. I have been trying for ages to get their C-27J Spartan and, Fiat G-222 kits. Both very nice models but, I wasn't willing to pay the £45 - £55 prices they were going for. Finally managed to get them second hand for £28 each.

On the other hand, the recently reissued Junkers JU-86 is available for about £25. Not too bad. Certainly much better value I reckon than £20 for the Kfir!! I'm sure there is reason behind their price structure but, to me anyway (and I suspect others) it seems a bit weird!

Allan 

• Like 4