Italeri 2019 catalog - "new" (reissue, repop, rebox etc.) in 2019

Homebee

8 minutes ago, VMA131Marine said:

These are actually 3 different kits.

I'd say two, the Hasegawa/Frog kit and the Revell kit.  Frog used to rebox Hasegawa kits in the late 60's/early 70's.

The Revell kit was either a B or J with lookee-likee K/M exhausts - I can't tell you how disappointed I was when I bought it as a yoof.

27 minutes ago, Wez said:

I'd say two, the Hasegawa/Frog kit and the Revell kit.  Frog used to rebox Hasegawa kits in the late 60's/early 70's.

I'm aware of the Hasegwa/Frog tie-in. While there are similarities between the Hasegawa and Frog British Phantom kits, they are from different toolings.

25 minutes ago, VMA131Marine said:

I'm aware of the Hasegwa/Frog tie-in. While there are similarities between the Hasegawa and Frog British Phantom kits, they are from different toolings.

OK if you say so, it's so long ago that I made either I really can't remember.

Edited by Wez

6 minutes ago, Wez said:

OK if you say so, it's so long ago that I made either I really can't remember.

The Hasegawa kit came out in 1967 and it appeared in a FROG box in 1968. FROG created their own Phantom FG.1 kit in 1975, which was after the cooperation agreement with Hasegawa had ended. The FROG kit has since appeared as FROGspawn from Eastern European manufacturers

21 hours ago, VMA131Marine said:

Looking at these four again, the Fujimi tie-in possibility is not 100%

The F-86 is likely the Academy kit

Revell issued a Sikorsky-built SH-3A Sea King kit in 1983

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/revell-4427-sikorsky-sh-3a-sea-king--140260

From memory that was the Lindberg kit. The 1986 release was the Fujimi kit.

1 hour ago, Dave Fleming said:

From memory that was the Lindberg kit. The 1986 release was the Fujimi kit.

Thanks! Scalemates doesn't seem to think that's the case, but comparing the 1986 Revell kit to the 1983 version they don't appear to be based on the same tooling. Furthermore there are a lot of similarities between the 1983 kit and the Lindberg version. The only obvious difference is the lack of torpedoes on the Revell.

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/revell-4444-westland-sea-king-mk41-sar--140264

140264-10189-pristine.jpg

140260-11669-pristine.jpg

246222-13796-64-pristine.jpg

1149438-26866-45-pristine.jpg

9 hours ago, Thomas V. said:

F-86F, Sea King, MiG-21Bis, Bf 110 C/D, Phantom FG.1 are all Fujimi provenance.

I'm not too surprised. Fujimi hardly ever cared about exports. It's possible that the domestic sales went down and that Fujimi sells bags to get some cash in.

4 hours ago, Laurent said:

I'm not too surprised. Fujimi hardly ever cared about exports. It's possible that the domestic sales went down and that Fujimi sells bags to get some cash in.

I’m only surprised that it has actually happened. Since Fujimi withdrew from the export market, I’m aware that they have been approached both to export complete kits and supply polybag kits (Like the 80s Revell releases mentioned above) but have never shown willing. Presumably market conditions and the size of the Italeri order have influenced them.

it will be interesting to see the price point, especially of the Phantom, as it’s still a competitive choice with the new Airfix kit.

Edited by Dave Fleming
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Laurent said:

Except Phantom and to an extent Sea King and F-86F-40, all others are well surpassed by other manufacturers, just hope the next few years will see Cutlass, A-4B/C Skyhawks that were not kitted by Italeri or Esci, CH-46's etc...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dave Fleming said:

I’m only surprised that it has actually happened. Since Fujimi withdrew from the export market, I’m aware that they have been approached both to export complete kits and supply polybag kits (Like the 80s Revell releases mentioned above) but have never shown willing. Presumably market conditions and the size of the Italeri order have influenced them.

it will be interesting to see the price point, especially of the Phantom, as it’s still a competitive choice with the new Airfix kit.

If they issue FG.1 in its third and final iteration ( 1991? ) except slats and cockpit in my opinion its far finer kit than Airfix, and to think its 30 years old kit.

• Like 3

Good afternoon

It seems that the P47D-30 Thinderbolt supposed to be released in 2017

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/italeri-1368-p-47d-30ra-thunderbolt--1029870

has completely disapeared from Italeri catalogue ...

Never mind I have a lot of Tamiya kits in mys stash ...

Patrice

On 1/30/2019 at 8:55 PM, VMA131Marine said:

Thanks! Scalemates doesn't seem to think that's the case, but comparing the 1986 Revell kit to the 1983 version they don't appear to be based on the same tooling

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/revell-4444-westland-sea-king-mk41-sar--140264

140264-10189-pristine.jpg

Scalemates was wrong, it was definitely the Fujimi tooling, It had an option for an RN HAS1, And was a good bit cheaper than the Fujimi kit sold for at the time. They also reboxed the Fujimi Alpha Jet and Sea Harrier at that time too 

• Like 1

I don't want to badmouth Scalemates but I think they "guess" which tooling is and which tooling is not, sometimes they get it right and some other times they do not.

I don't know if registered users can mess with the historic kit timeline or not, could address some errors if so, but if they need photographic proof of kit tooling then is going to be a problem especially for some OOP kits and whatnot

Luigi

2 hours ago, Silverkite said:

I don't want to badmouth Scalemates but I think they "guess" which tooling is and which tooling is not, sometimes they get it right and some other times they do not.

I don't know if registered users can mess with the historic kit timeline or not, could address some errors if so, but if they need photographic proof of kit tooling then is going to be a problem especially for some OOP kits and whatnot

Luigi

You can, it's effectively a Wiki - I have amended the Sea King timeline to refelect the Fujimi link (Still need proof for the H3/Testors link though).

You'd be surprised how easy it is to find - I found inbox shots of the Revell issue quite quickly and compared them to the same of a  Fujimi box, just to refresh my meory

Edited by Dave Fleming

8 hours ago, andyf117 said:

The Testors SH-3H was definitely the Fujimi kit (Scalemates already show as such) - I bought one at Orange Blossom Hobbies in Miami while touring the Florida bases in 1989 (exactly 30-years ago to the month!), and in these pics (found online in 30 secs) the Fujimi and Testors logos are clearly seen side-by-side: 

maxresdefault.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Sorry, meant H3/Lindberg!

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 9:44 PM, Wez said:

Pretty sure I have one in the stash, I'll have to look at the weekend.  It definitely has a chuffing big gun!

This is the one I have, different catalogue number but deffo this kit

EDIT:  Just done some checking and apparently, the big chuffing gun was a 75mm - not a 37 mm so my mistake!

The Hs129 usually had a 30mm cannon - the big gun is a modified PaK-40. They fitted it with some autoloader (21 rounds I think) and fitted it with as much recoil compensation as they could manage. It could fire several rounds in a pass and was capable of knocking out even the Russian IS-2 tanks. The PaK-40 was indeed a 75mm weapon and was the German army's standard anti tank gun from mid to late war and modified versions of it were also fitted to mid-late war Panzer IV's and StuG III's.

thanks

Mike

• Thanks 1