Fw190 A7 JG1 (1:72 Revell )

Here is a few photos of a Revell 1:72 Fw190 A8 converted to an A7 of JG1. Not sure if it was actually a A7 as they were pretty rare but thats what the book says ........;)

Decals were courtsey of Kagero's book on JG1. Finished the kit at the end of last year only getting around to making soem photos now.

20190102_103554_zpslzsvjbxx.jpg

20190102_103546_zps0wooleiq.jpg

regards

Brian 

Edited by BKirwan
Spelling mistake
  • Like 25

Very neat 190!

What stands out like a sore thumb is the misplaced dark wash on the fabric covered surfaces. With that "shading" they look like the top fabric has been torn off the framework! 😉 In reality, fabric covered control surfaces have virtually no sag at all – they just show the slightest hint of the underlying frame structure.

The rest looks really good!

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Like 2

A really superb build und very nice weathering! Especially considering the small 1/72 scale.  While the wash on the ailerons might be a tad dark, I don't agree with Joachim that the effect is that dramatic. 

Rather the opposite IMO. The panel lines are realistically subtle and not as overdone as in many other cases and the fabric covered elevator surfaces are also very nice :)

Edited by PZL104
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Spitfire31 said:

Very neat 190!

What stands out like a sore thumb is the misplaced dark wash on the fabric covered surfaces. With that "shading" they look like the top fabric has been torn off the framework! 😉 In reality, fabric covered control surfaces have virtually no sag at all – they just show the slightest hint of the underlying frame structure.

The rest looks really good!

Kind regards,

Joachim

Gents 

Thanks for the input. The remarks about the depth of the fabric surfaces on the wings and rudder are fair. The kit parts are overdone on this count and I wasn't particularly conscious of  weathering these differently from the rest of the airframe. The actual solution has less to do with weathering and more to do with backfilling the surfaces somewhat.  

Will take the input with me to my next Revell Fw190 build.  

Cheers

• Like 2