EC 135 Irish Air Corps ( 1:72 Revell)

Here is my second finished model of 2019; its  Revell's EC135 (1:72) in Irish Air Corps livery ..although as I am posting these pictures I realise I still have to print off the code numbers...whoops.

Anyway the kit is gammy because the glass work is bad/ scratched and pitted and I know this because the three copies of the kit I have all have the same issue. Secondly the glass work is a poor fit and mine came apart during spraying..... repeatedly. On-line builds repeat the same experience. This was a father-son build over the Christmas but as my son wanted an Irish one instead of the Dutch Trauma Helicopter in the kit I had to add a lot of extras. A radar nose, different air intakes, extra landing lights, different skids and a lot of bumps and lumps scattered around the a/c.

Decals sourced form a Maxdecal sheet for the Gazelle because  as far as I know there is no EC135 featured on the various Maxdecal sheets. Not 100% sure though.  

If you want to build an Irish one try and get your hands on the EC635 Swiss Army chopper (04647) or the Air Glaciers (Revell 04986) as these have an extra sprue with a lot of the stuff you need though no radar.   

20190123_142655%201_zpsvsteqfuj.jpg

20190123_142621_zpsryi1nqba.jpg

20190123_142446_zpsqbtfoafj.jpg

regards

Brian

• Like 24

Nice job. In fact Max did produce decals for the EC135. They're on sheet 4814 both in 1/32 and 1/72. Not that it matters in this case. 

Helicopters are always tricky builds, no two the same these days. Which calls for good old fashioned modelling skills. Which is clearly evident in the build.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, noelh said:

Nice job. In fact Max did produce decals for the EC135. They're on sheet 4814 both in 1/32 and 1/72. Not that it matters in this case. 

Helicopters are always tricky builds, no two the same these days. Which calls for good old fashioned modelling skills. Which is clearly evident in the build.

Thanks Noel; just checked Joe Maxwells on-line store and indeed he still has them. Just ordered to have a second crack at this one.  

• Like 1