Zvezda 1/100 Russian Captured Pz. IV ausf. H +++COMPLETED+++

RJBud1

On 1/28/2019 at 11:29 AM, PlaStix said:

Hi RJ and welcome to the GB. I'm looking forward to seeing your mini-Pz.IV in progress. :popcorn:

Kind regards,

Stix

Hello Stix. My model from Amazon should come soon and I can then begin it, just giving an update, it should be coming Feb 1st - Feb 6th. It is an easy mini model so I am not hard pressed for time or anything.

RJ

Edited by RJBud1
Added
  • Like 1

20190204_151857

01/11/2018 .Here is the small sprue, only two sprue sheets. Plus damaged box.

20190204_152305

After snipping the chassis from the sprue I sanded down the excess plastic. 

20190204_152205

The hull was then shipped off along with the turret, sanded down excess bits and snapped together. 

IMG_20190204_162611

Unfortunately there was an accident when I was leaning over to grab something, my hand pushed the barrel on to my counter and snapped it off. I repeatedly attempted to glue it in place with super glue, to no avail....it would not hold.

I will try to make a muzzle brake covered with a tarpon out of scratch.

20190204_194149

It was painted Russian Armour green, though in my opinion the shade of the paint is slightly dark,  it doesn't bother me too much. 

___

02/05/2018

Okay. The model arrived at my front door, box in crappy condition but otherwise fine. Here is what I have done so far,

Edited by RJBud1
Added images!

On 05/02/2019 at 01:03, RJBud1 said:

Pz IV model. Pz IV model II

Okay. The model arrived at my front door, box in crappy condition but otherwise fine. Here is what I have done so far,Pz. IV model III

Hi RJ. Good to see there's been some progress but is there anyway you can get the photos to actually appear in your thread here rather than people having to click links? People are sometimes less inclined to look at people's work if they can't see it instantly in their threads.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PlaStix said:

Hi RJ. Good to see there's been some progress but is there anyway you can get the photos to actually appear in your thread here rather than people having to click links? People are sometimes less inclined to look at people's work if they can't see it instantly in their threads.

Kind regards,

Stix

Not sure how to make that happen. If you could advise me that would be great. 

1 hour ago, Silenoz said:

What happened to the barrel?

It broke off, the box was destroyed but the kit was fine except for a bended barrel. I was going to replace it with a brass one , but I couldnt find it, so I substituted it for a toothpick, and I will sand the toothpick down. I'll try to scratch build a muzzle brake but that would be difficult at this scale. 

ALSO: Anybody know a source for 1/100 soviet star decals? Looking for some below $6 (including shipping in the US). I had soviet stars but they were just slightly too big, I need the 1943 - 1991 version of the soviet star.

RJ

1 hour ago, RJBud1 said:

I'll try to scratch build a muzzle brake but that would be difficult at this scale. 

In a lot of photographs, the muzzle brake is covered with a canvas wrap or bag. I might put one on my build. It would certainly make scratchbuilding easier. 

Just a thought. 

Hi RJ. Not sure how you post images from Imgur. There are advice threads about posting images in the Help section of forum.

Kind regards,

Stix

Edited by PlaStix

15 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Hi RJ. Not sure how you post images from Imgur. There are advice threads about posting images in the Help section of forum.

Kind regards,

Stix

I don't know how to post any images. I try the insert image from url, and when I paste the url it just turns red and won't let me paste it. Doesn't matter where it's from, it dies the same thing every time.

6 minutes ago, RJBud1 said:

I don't know how to post any images. I try the insert image from url, and when I paste the url it just turns red and won't let me paste it. Doesn't matter where it's from, it dies the same thing every time.

Can I please ask how you posted the image in your first post of this thread?

Just now, PlaStix said:

Can I please ask how you posted the image in your first post of this thread?

I just found the image in google and used the insert media bu url button, but it isn't working for any of my images now.... :angry:

I'm going to tag @Badder in to our conversation as he uses Imgur and he may be able to let you know how to post photos from there.

Hi @Badder - could you please assist RJ with how to post photos from Imgur?

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Hi RJ,

Not sure what your issue is exactly, because I've never seen a link 'turn red' and neither do I use 'insert'.

So, all I can say is, when you have uploaded your images to Imgur, don't click on any links. Instead, click on your name at the top right of the page, and then click on 'Images'

That will bring up EVERY photo you've uploaded. Next click on the photo you wish to share here on BM. Beside it will appear a list of different links. You want the one described as 'Direct Link'. Now, click on 'copy'. The 'copy' button should flash or turn green. Now you can switch to your BM post  (which you've already opened and is waiting for the link)  Right click in your post and then paste. That should paste the link and your photo will appear shortly afterwards.

Sometimes, Imgur plays up and the 'copy' button flashes/turns green but doesn't then work when you paste it on BM. In that case, use YOUR touchpad to copy and paste the link yourself.

Sometimes - an issue which I have a lot, and I don't know why - the link will paste correctly but BM doesn't turn it into a photo. In that case, I submit the post anyway, then edit it and re-paste the same link. That seems always to work.

BTW when clicking on your chosen image on Imgur, ONLY click once. If you click twice it will skip that image and paste a link to a different image.

Hope that helps. If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

Good luck with that tiny thing BTW!

Rearguards,

Badder

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Badder said:

Hi RJ,

Not sure what your issue is exactly, because I've never seen a link 'turn red' and neither do I use 'insert'.

So, all I can say is, when you have uploaded your images to Imgur, don't click on any links. Instead, click on your name at the top right of the page, and then click on 'Images'

That will bring up EVERY photo you've uploaded. Next click on the photo you wish to share here on BM. Beside it will appear a list of different links. You want the one described as 'Direct Link'. Now, click on 'copy'. The 'copy' button should flash or turn green. Now you can switch to your BM post  (which you've already opened and is waiting for the link)  Right click in your post and then paste. That should paste the link and your photo will appear shortly afterwards.

Sometimes, Imgur plays up and the 'copy' button flashes/turns green but doesn't then work when you paste it on BM. In that case, use YOUR touchpad to copy and paste the link yourself.

Sometimes - an issue which I have a lot, and I don't know why - the link will paste correctly but BM doesn't turn it into a photo. In that case, I submit the post anyway, then edit it and re-paste the same link. That seems always to work.

BTW when clicking on your chosen image on Imgur, ONLY click once. If you click twice it will skip that image and paste a link to a different image.

Hope that helps. If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

Good luck with that tiny thing BTW!

Rearguards,

Badder

Does this work for mobile phones? My computer just broke, the hard drive died.

Thanks for your wishes with my tiny Panzer IV. 

2 hours ago, RJBud1 said:

Ouch about your hard drive. Maybe that was causing the problem?

I don't have any experience of using mobile phones for accessing Imgur or BM, but I would have thought the functions would be the same.

Rearguards,

Badder

20 hours ago, RJBud1 said:

I've used a mobile only for posting to my WIP. I use Flickr rather than Imgur but I suspect it's similar. I copy the link to the image in the photo app* then swap back to the browser and just paste the link into my post. Nine times out of ten the link is automatically converted into an embedded image. The one time in ten that it doesn't work seems to be when my Internet access is a little slow. 

Hope that helps. 

Churchill. 

* in Flickr,  I select just one image and click the share button. This brings up a menu of sharing options, the first of which is 'copy image url'. 

30 minutes ago, Churchill said:

I've used a mobile only for posting to my WIP. I use Flickr rather than Imgur but I suspect it's similar. I copy the link to the image in the photo app* then swap back to the browser and just paste the link into my post. Nine times out of ten the link is automatically converted into an embedded image. The one time in ten that it doesn't work seems to be when my Internet access is a little slow. 

Hope that helps. 

Churchill. 

* in Flickr,  I select just one image and click the share button. This brings up a menu of sharing options, the first of which is 'copy image url'. 

Hmm! I will try this later, I am busy right now, but this seems like it would work. 

Thanks!!

RJ

46116992475_d8a9905619_b.jpg

46116992485_f641874daa_b.jpg

46116992435_f308ea0917_b.jpg

Here you go I grabbed em out of imagur and stuck em in Flickr then copied the links into this post.

That gets something up for people to look at for s start till you figure out how to post images in the thread.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Plasto said:

46116992475_d8a9905619_b.jpg

46116992485_f641874daa_b.jpg

46116992435_f308ea0917_b.jpg

Here you go I grabbed em out of imagur and stuck em in Flickr then copied the links into this post.

That gets something up for people to look at for s start till you figure out how to post images in the thread.

OMG! Thank you! I was just logging on to post some pictures of my 1/144 YF-23, (trying to convert landing gear to inflight) , I'm going to try now.

• Like 1

Hey all! 

These decals I ordered are taking forever to get here, I really hope they get here in time. All I have to do is a bit of touching up, though depending if my Dad or I can fix my airbrush, I might airbrush a small coat just to make it all that much better.

RJ

• Like 2

10 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Hi RJ. Any more updates? You had made excellent progress when last seen.

Kind regards, 

Stix 

Hi!

I just got a notification that the decals would be here this Thursday, someone forgot to send an envelope!! Lol.

RJ

• Like 1

Okay guys

This model is finished , everything except the base plaque is ready. I believe I have been able to achieve a very realistic weathering appearance in such a small scale. Hope you enjoy!

IMG_20190226_175258

J.gIMG_20190226_175443IMG_20190226_175330IMG_20190226_175320IMG_20190226_175342IMG_20190226_175358IMG_20190226_175726

The bottom two photos show the decals and magnetisation process. The base is made from a scrap aluminum can lid cover, and the base was made from wood glue, then shale pebbles (we have red shale here due to the extreme iron in the ground) , cinnamon and finally a layer of fake grass on one side.

RJ

• Like 1