Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Lican

Battle of Britain in photos albums

Recommended Posts

If you have information about the photo, please add it in the comments.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lican said:

Good evening everyone. I will answer points:
1. Sub/Lt.(FAA) A G Blake - P7423IIaCBAFMXII6MU 16-9-40 19S 'QV-Y' 26-9-40 shot down by Bf109 at Chelmsford S/Lt Blake killed 29-10-40 SOC 31-10-40

 

Some of the aircraft flown by S/Lt A Blake in which he made claims.  If anyone knows the aircraft letter for certain please let me know..

4 Confirmed Aerial victories, 1 shared destroyed.
Seconded to 19 Sqn RAF 01.07.40
03.09.40 1700-1850 Me110 Damaged. Vickers Supermarine Spitfire MkI R6923
09.09.40 He111 Destroyed.  A Flight Red 2 Vickers Supermarine Spitfire MkI P9431
15.09.40 Bf109 Destroyed, He111 shared Destroyed, Do17 Damaged.  Aircraft force landed Rochford with damage to wing, cockpit & propeller.  Vickers Supermarine Spitfire MkI R6991

17.9.40 2xBf109 Destroyed Vickers Supermarine Spitfire MkI X4170

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The album will be unloaded in the evening 32 Squadron. Currently, work is underway on the description of photos 19 Squadron.

Edited by Lican

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Lican said:

I am sure that if the family would be against you, you would never have known these photos, but they gave them to you. Are your goals to pick up with crash +?

 

You might have misunderstood me as it could be a language thing but the photos belong to MY family. Nobody gave them to me, they come from my own family.

 

I don't want any cash or money for them whatsoever. As I said they are personal family photos and at the moment they remain as such.

 

There are hundreds, if not thousands, of photos already in the public sphere of the Few so more than enough to satiate the curiosity of those interested in these men.

 

I'm enjoying your photos and well done organising and putting them in one location. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And you forgive me, it is difficult without knowing the language. And you did not understand correctly. This is your personal right and the privacy of your family. But if you suddenly decide to publish them, I will be glad if you provide copies to me (at least in medium resolution for publication in the album). Regards to your family.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Lican said:

And you forgive me, it is difficult without knowing the language. And you did not understand correctly. This is your personal right and the privacy of your family. But if you suddenly decide to publish them, I will be glad if you provide copies to me (at least in medium resolution for publication in the album). Regards to your family.

 

No problem and thank you. Writing in a different language is never easy but you're doing much better than I ever could if I tried to write in Russian!

Edited by Smithy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Added album 32 Squadron, updated description of 19 Squadron (but not yet finished).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tomorrow there will be an update on 41 Squadrons and 43 squadrons. Good mood to you all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread has been brought to our attention for the reason of possible copyright infringement, but I'm also noticing that Lican is posting far too regularly, bumping his thread up to the top without reason such as replying to other posters.  If this carries on preventing other members from receiving their fair share of exposure based on interest in their topics, the thread will be closed for bumping.

 

With regard to the copyright infringement or otherwise, there's not much that we can do about it, as it isn't being hosted on our site, and we can't be expected to police the entire internet just because it links to our webspace - we simply don't have the resources!  There is also a great deal of non-copyright material there, which would be of use to the members, so I'm loathed to cut off the resource in total.  What I would suggest is that Lican reviews the copyright issue and complies with the relevant laws, and if he decides not to take any copyright images down, it is up to the viewers of said copyrighted material to make a compliant to Flickr or the copyright owner, as it is Flickr hosting the material.

 

I would seriously suggest that Lican ensure that he is not using copyright material, as eventually someone will catch up with him and issue a cease & desist order... or worse. :shrug:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good day. Please close the topic and delete it. Many thanks to all who supported me. Follow my albums.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good luck to everyone. I waited for an answer, but it is not there. I am interested in the administration will close the topic (about construction) of the eyor kotorub I will update every day? Guys, I do for you what I can, I hope you join the account where the album is stored. Albums will be updated, but I will no longer write about the topic. I try for you colleagues and just interested people. The most important thing is supporting me and I will be you. And thanks to the site and the administration for indicating my place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good day everyone. Updated albums from 43 Squadron to 66 Squadron. In album 65 Squadron there are rare photos of Spitfire's. Enjoy your viewing.

Edited by Lican

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/01/2019 at 14:26, Lican said:

If you have information about the photo, please add it in the comments.

this one is of great interest

 

 

32170310047_6fdcacf846_o.jpg65 Squadron 68 by Сергей Кривицкий, on Flickr

 

YT-N
R6712 Ia 766EA MIII 
FF 10-6-40 9MU 11-6-40 65S 10-7-40 FAC2 18-10-40 AST 53OTU 6-5-41 DBR in ground collision Heston FACE 11-5-41 SOC 24-5-41

YT-M
R6714 Ia 768EA MIII 
FF 11-6-40 9MU 11-6-40 65S 10-7-40 Dived into ground nr Gateside Sgt Pearson killed 16-10-40

www.airhistory.org.uk/spitfire/p009.html

The black (Night) port gear leg on R6714 is of note, as most likely built with the Night/White/Aluminium underside, and repainted in Sky at the M.U. 
same asplane behind R6714
R6712 has a White or Sky wheel hub, but still a Night UC leg, and possibly an unpainted cockpit frame.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Troy Smith - Thank you for your interest in the topic and for the description of the photo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/30/2019 at 3:22 PM, Mike said:

This thread has been brought to our attention for the reason of possible copyright infringement, but I'm also noticing that Lican is posting far too regularly, bumping his thread up to the top without reason such as replying to other posters.  If this carries on preventing other members from receiving their fair share of exposure based on interest in their topics, the thread will be closed for bumping.

 

With regard to the copyright infringement or otherwise, there's not much that we can do about it, as it isn't being hosted on our site, and we can't be expected to police the entire internet just because it links to our webspace - we simply don't have the resources!  There is also a great deal of non-copyright material there, which would be of use to the members, so I'm loathed to cut off the resource in total.  What I would suggest is that Lican reviews the copyright issue and complies with the relevant laws, and if he decides not to take any copyright images down, it is up to the viewers of said copyrighted material to make a compliant to Flickr or the copyright owner, as it is Flickr hosting the material.

 

I would seriously suggest that Lican ensure that he is not using copyright material, as eventually someone will catch up with him and issue a cease & desist order... or worse. :shrug:

Once I participated in a seminar on copyright: The expert said at the beginning: The golden  rule is: If it is not expressly permitted, it is forbidden. 

 

It is a jungle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NPL said:

If it is not expressly permitted, it is forbidden. 

Know the feeling, I stopped posting photos on here as many have appeared in various locations worldwide and various members/enthusiast groups use them without my permission and no recognition...………………...no photos posted anywhere now, but, I am still surprised when I browse a subject close to my heart, do a search on the internet and many of my photos turn up 2 or 3 times(possibly more) on the one page by different people from various sources.  I have taken down all my photos from various locations

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, rayprit said:

Know the feeling, I stopped posting photos on here as many have appeared in various locations worldwide and various members/enthusiast groups use them without my permission and no recognition...………………...no photos posted anywhere now, but, I am still surprised when I browse a subject close to my heart, do a search on the internet and many of my photos turn up 2 or 3 times(possibly more) on the one page by different people from various sources.  I have taken down all my photos from various locations

If a photo is on the net, you can just as well past the URL, and people can see for themselves. Any infringement of the copyright would have to begin there: Who placed this photo on the internet and who gave permission to do so,

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good day. I do not violate copyright. I indicate the source. There are all these photos on the network (and in many places and without reference to the resource from where they took them), I combine them all into one resource and edit them if necessary. And I did not understand the two posts above - are you against my work, or do you remember the consequences for me for not specifying copyrights, or the owners of which photos? I have a problem in the description of the photos and links to the resource. But I after laid out trying to gradually fix it. But it takes time. It is for this reason that I ask for help in the description of the photos.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lican, it is serious. But since your country seems to have the same rules as,  e.g., my own  (Denmark), meaning death + 70 years, you can ask at home. It is not enough to mention the origin of a photo. You need also to have the accept if it is not older than 70 years, at least if you go public with it. Another thing is what you do for yourself. 

 

I have made for myself some 'books' on the Spitfire including everything not allowed in public. So they are for my eyes only.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps if receiving acknowledgement for a photo is important, it would be a good idea to add a watermark over it with your name or URL. That way you can always receive credit, but the images won't be lost to history.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the great things about the internet is the availability of information, including images and photographs. Conversely though there's a bad side to this, people will and do post photos which are perhaps not theirs, scanned from books or copied from other websites.

 

If you post your own images on the internet then you ultimately have no control over them, they will get copied and reposted willy-nilly multiple times and on multiple sites. That's the main reason why, as I talked about above, I am exceedingly reticent about posting the photos of a family member with 64 Sqn during the BoB. It's not that I would mind other true enthusiasts seeing them but I know for a fact that if I post them, others will copy them to their hard drives, send them to their mates, post them on any website they think are appropriate or want to, etc, etc. That's why I think people need to be VERY careful about posting any of their own photos online. Because the fact is if you post it, people will copy it and will share it.

 

It's a shame because ultimately this means that a lot of people won't share unique photos that they have. That's perhaps the catch 22 about the internet, you have this enormous network which is perfect for sharing information and facilitating its distribution but because of this very nature it will mean that many will not want to.

Edited by Smithy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good day. Here I am interested in what you are so stung in this topic? What do I post photos (all on the Internet are)? Or the fact that I collect the archive? Well, since you are hard advocates of justice, let’s find relatives with me who will take photographs and ask for permission, or at least find out the owner of the photos. Only hear what is wrong or otherwise. Yes, you keep your photos in your home and all. I publish everything that is on the Internet and do not have the right to put watermarks or the like. I took photos from the Internet, and there clearly wasn’t a different type of family permission. Well, I emphasize that almost 80 years have passed since those events.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

47092781822_809befd23b_b.jpg

My great-grandfather Konstantin G. Astafurov. died near Kharkov, 1942.  He died when France, Goladniya, Denmark, Norway lay under Germany for my future and for my future. I am proud that I can show you the face of the person who saved you. And not for his use to keep his photo. I want you to know who you owe to life and well-being.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...